Options

Donor 16206 Look Alike

Hello can you share the look alike for this donor? Also will ICI or IVF vials be available? Are ICI vials not washed like IUI? Is that the man differences?

Comments

• Options

He has adult photos, were you not able to see them?

• Options

No I didn't see the photos. Is that why some donors have No look alike listed because there is an adult picture for them?

• Options

@texaslady71504 yep that's why

• Options

@texaslady71504 Yes, ICI vials are unwashed and IUI vials are washed. Our IVF vials are washed (like IUI vials) but contain less sperm since less sperm is needed for IVF procedures.

It's possible that Donor 16206 may have ICI vials in the future, but it depends on a future blood draw. The IUI vials can be used for any type of insemination (at-home, IUI, or IVF). If your clinic prefers ICI vials because they do the washing, maybe you can discuss it with them and let them know your donor only has IUI vials available.

And yes, donors that have Adult Photos do not have Donor Look-a-Likes. But there may be a few donors that haven't had their Donor Look-a-Likes added to the website yet. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions. :)

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

@cryo-admin Hello!

I am a bit confused! As I read over your responses as to whether to use ICI or IUI vials for at-home insemination, I'm noticing different responses. In 2016, it seems that CCB advised that ICI vials were more effective for at-home insemination, as the seminal fluid protected the sperm in the vaginal canal and nourished it as it traveled through the os of the cervix. Yet in 2020, CCB says that IUI is equally as suitable for at-home use. Can you clarify this? I've searched everywhere and seem to only get varying answers. Are there any statistics available for success rates for at-home insemination using IUI or ICI and vice-versa?

Thank you so much!
    Best Wishes,
    Deerwig