At home insemination advice

My wife and I will be trying the at home insemination process soon. Although this is a new option for Cryobank, we wondered if anyone has tried and been successful? Any tips or do's and don'ts?

Tagged:

Comments

• Congratulations on embarking on this journey! My wife and I decided to start the process as well during my early July ovulation window. I had started BBT tracking about a month prior so I had some data to leverage and used an OPK in June to get a baseline of timing. So, we ordered 3 vials for at-home ICI about 4 days before my expected ovulation. Luckily, I had the luxury of an 'ovulation dip' with my BBT and so that was the first day we used a vial and then one more the next day when I had my LH surge and then again the next day which was my actual ovulation. Fast forward to the afternoon of 9DPO and I took my first pregnancy test and it was POSITIVE! Very faint, but there was a line! The next morning, 10DPO, we used two different pregnancy test brands and two more +'s! For good measure, we did it again this morning, 11 DPO, with two more different types of tests, and more +'s...no turning back now! Three days after my ovulation I turned 37, so hope is out there!

• We got pg on our first try at home ICI. I researched forever to make sure we were doing things perfectly. Our little one just turned 2! We are trying again for a second.