Options

Donor Keepsake

I just confirmed a pregnancy last week, but have gotten no email about when my donor keepsake will be shipping or and sibling registration info yet. How long does this take?

Comments

• Options

Hello :-) I am wondering if you received the answer to this question please? I am also looking to conceived via donor 15886 as a SMBC

• Options

I was sent the keepsake but no other information

• Options

Thank you for your reply. I notice on the website there is a sibling registry page that links you to a specific registry website when you baby is born. Also, a "report your pregnancy tab". You may have already found these but just in case :smile:

https://www.cryobank.com/services/post-conception-services/report-pregnancy/

• Options

Thanks! I’m due in October. Did you go with this donor?

• Options

I am so happy for you, wonderful news! I have purchased one ICI vial which is currently remained in the storage at the cryobank. I live in New Zealand. My plans to travel to California this year to perform an "in home" procedure was cancelled due to COVID. I am not sure what I am going to be able to do no with this current global situation and travel impacts. I am about to email and ask if the vial can be shipped to me in NZ>...

• Options

one vial of donor 15886 that was all I can afford. My flights were cancelled and now I just have a travel credit but I am not sure of actually being able to travel. A shame as I decided to go this way as I am getting older and wanted to "speed" up access to a donor. In New Zealand there is a 2+ years waitlist.

• Options

Sorry, that sounds complicated. Hopefully they will ship or let you travel soon! It took me three tries with this donor, but I saw on this forum that it took someone else just one try. Good Luck!!! 🍀

• Options

@Crystalclear Sorry to hear about your travel delay and complication. I liv in the states so am not dealing with all the same complications. But COVID has delayed plan for all of us which has been challenging. I hope you have been able to move things along. Any success?

@HelloAll Congratulations on your birth! I hope that things are going very well. If you are open to being in touch please let me know. I also really like this donor and am trying to finalize plans for an upcoming IUI. All the best and congratulations.

• Options

@seizetheday I have decided not to proceed with the one vial of donor 15886 (sadly) simply due to logistics in the foreseeable future travelling from NZ to USA is simply not viable. All I an do not is simply trust if it's meant to be for me it will happen some other way. Best regards All.

• Options

@seizetheday sure I’m open to staying in contact if your IUI is successful! I would like for her to meet other donor siblings in the future!

• Options

hi @HelloAll I wanted to check in. I hope everything is going well for you. On my end, I have moved on to IVF so the process continues.

• Options

Hi @seizetheday I’m doing well and my baby just turned 10 months old!!! Good luck with IVF! I know it’s a journey but remember it will just be a memory in the future. Hope it only takes one round.

• Options

@HelloAll I have a little boy via this donor and I would love for him to know his half siblings. Would you be willing to connect? The sibling registry is down and I'm unable to post a note on the board. I know there are some other successful pregnancies.

• Options

@Sfbaby Yes, I would like that too! I know some people have done a Facebook page (not our donor). It might be good to start one so we can keep in contact. But there must be a way for us to verify.

• Options
    CinnamonBundtCinnamonBundt Posts: 1
    edited March 20, 2024 7:12PM

Hi all!

I have a little girl with donor 15886 and was hoping to connect with any half siblings out there! I searched the DSR using a free account but did not see any matches. I would definitely be open to starting/joining some kind of group to stay in touch if parents are interested - my email is
    busbyberkeleydreams82@gmail.com