Options

Mexican Donors

Anyone have any vials of 100% Mexican donors who are CMV negative and at least 5'8"? The only ones available are shorter than 5'8" or CMV positive. I was also looking at 12532 because I'm Irish and my partner is Mexican, but I think I'm shallow because the fact that he looks like Jeff Garcia is making me hesitate. :-)

Shelbyo@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    No we don't, but we are using donor 12224 who is 6'0, 50% Irish, 50% Spanish!!! And cute as heck!!!
  • Options
    Funny you should mention him - my partner really likes him and he's definitely in the running. Glad to hear he's super cute. :-)
  • Options
    do you have access to his picture? We have all the level 2 stuff if you want it. Just give me your email addy.

mine is nmwartick@gmail.com or you can email my wife tommie at tommiejspivey@gmail.com

Natalie
  • Options
    Natalie - that's super generous of you. My email is shelbyo@hotmail.com. I would appreciate anything that you are willing to share.

Thanks,
    Peggy
  • Options
    Are you guys using him after all? Aren't you supposed to be trying sometime soon?
  • Options
    I think we are. My partner really likes him a lot. So I am waiting for my next AF. That will be #3 after losing the twins. Then I do my cycle day 3 blood tests and a IUI later in the month. I'm guessing around October 23 or so. I'm a little nervous, but excited to be trying again.
  • Options
    Well we are keeping ya'll in our thoughts!!!!! We sure hope everything works our for you guys!
  • Options
    Thanks! We need all the positivity we can get. How's the pregnancy going? :-)
  • Options
    Its going great! She gets a little nauseated every once in awhile, but nothing major i don't think. This is our last week in the first trimester so we are excited!
  • Options
    That's awesome news! Tommie must be happy the nausea isn't too bad. And it's such a fantastic feeling to be out of the first trimester. When's the next ultrasound? Do you guys care whether you have a boy or girl?
  • Options
    We are very excited to be in the second trimester! It's funny, her nausea comes and goes...but every once inawhile it comes back horrible! Yesterday was a bad day for her.

I want a boy so bad it's ridiculous. Tommie has always wanted a girl but wants us to have a boy because my brother just found out he's having yet another girl (makes three now)...it's just him and I so there's no boys to carry on the family name! That's why she took my last name. Even though it's not my genes, that doesn't matter to me. Plus we want a boy so my parents can have a grandson. Tommie also wants me to have a son.

But she has this motherly intuition that its a girl! And i'm starting to think it is too just because i've probably jinxed myself..wanting a boy so bad lol.

Hey did you see there are others using 12224? Now there are 3 ppl pregnant and another one or two ppl thinking about using him. One girl is 18 or so wks right now, she couldn't get a clear view at her US to find out what she was having so I think in another couple weeks she'll try to find out again.

As for us, we have an apt on th 10th, we will be 15 wks then will have the sex determination appt at 19 wks, sometime in Nov. Our dr won't allow us to do 3/4d ultrasounds.

Fortunately for us, we ran into our Dr's RN yesterday and told her how bad we wanted to find out the sex and that i wasn't able to go to the next appt, well she is going to try and reschedule our appt for the 11th so I can make it and she is going to do an US just for us to see if we can get "an idea" of what we are having! She's the best!

So hopefully we'll find something out in a little over a week!!!!!!!

So it's coming to October...what's the word?
  • Options
    If Tommie thinks it is a girl, it's probably a girl. :-) I know when I was pregnant with my son I wanted a daughter (mainly to name her after my mom). But I knew I was having a boy. I just knew. Well we bought a vial of 12224 and apparently other people have found him too. He's down to 22 vials. Ugh. It better work this time because I can only afford 1 vial at a time and he might be sold out when it's time to try again. I'm so excited for you to have the ultrasound. It's so fun to see them moving around. Hopefully you get a good money shot.
  • Options
    Sigh, makes me sad in a sense. I am tempted to buy another vial. We have one left but if we have a girl I want to try again...it took us three tries this time...so if it wouldn't work after 2 then I would be ok with that...I might have to talk to her tonight!

I sure hope she isn't in tune with her body lol...i want a boy!

Well keep us updated!!!! And if we are having a boy this time we can hook you up with a vial.

Where do you live?
  • Options
    Speaking from personal experience I would definitely buy more vials if I were you. I bought 3 when TTC my son and got a lucky BFP the first time. Then when we wanted another I got a BFP and miscarried and then a BFN. And his donor is now retired so we won't have a full sibling. I really wanted him to have a full sibling. Other people aren't as worried about that. But I sure wish we had bought more vials. And even if you have a boy you may find that you want a sibling later down the line. :-)

I live in Northern California close to Sacramento.

I will keep you posted. I started spotting today - which if it turns into full flow would mean a 23 day cycle with an 8 day LP. Not good. I am going to ask my RE if I should go ahead and try this month if my bloodwork looks good. I really don't want to wait any more. I'm ready to try again. :-)
  • Options
    I don't blame you!

The only problem with waiting and all that is tommie turns 37 in Dec, she only has one ovary and her labs weren't fantastic (the ones that show if you are close to menopause - or something like that) so we would realistically only have one more shot and shortly after this one is born!
  • Options
    That's tough. Especially if Tommie plans on breastfeeding because that makes getting pregnant harder. I am 39 so age is a factor. The last time I had my hormones checked they looked ok. I'm doing cycle day #3 bloodwork when AF starts and hopefully everything still looks good. I feel my clock ticking. :-)
  • Options
    Yeah it is scary...but like I said, we will see what happens. Also, we are just so torn about the number of kids. We know with one kid we will be able to go on vacations and buy cool things and all that and not have to worry about college or extra car etc. With two, things would be harder to swing (well maybe not but kids are expensive)...so I dunno, we need to decide if we are ok with one or want two.

The sucky thing is there is this kid in our neighborhood, he's an only child...well everyday he is standing on the edge of the sidewalk, walking in cirles doing nothing....lonely. never with a friend, nothing. How sad is that? We plan on buying land and building next year so there wouldn't be kids close, we worry that our kid would be lonely if there was only one.
  • Options
    It is a hard decision. I sometimes wonder if I'm doing the right thing by trying to have a second child. My son has many cousins and is very outgoing so I think he'll make friends. But there's just something about having siblings. Maybe it's because I'm a twin... Plus I have 3 older brothers. I think about when my partner and I are gone. My sister has an only child and I know he has lots of family, but for me a sibling is different than cousins. You live through the same stuff and share the same memories. But I can see how it would be beneficial for an only child and for the pocket book. I'm the bread winner and it's tough with one. I just hope the second is a boy so we can recycle my son's old stuff. :-) It's a hard decision for sure.
  • Options
    Lol. See, we discussed the whole half sibling thing and we really like the idea of getting to know some of them because we may not have another, but our kid will ALWAYS have other half siblings...we think that's really neat. Did you watch that special on the sperm donor - it was on last week. It showed kids finding their half siblings and forming relationships with them, good ones! It was really cool...one of them lost her bio mom, then her adoptive mom (both to lung cancer) bio mom was single mom by choice...so she had NO ONE, but she had half siblings who really stepped in to be there for her during times when families are needed.

We still need to talk about it all.
  • Options
    I have found 1/2 siblings of Chase, but they live far away. Maybe when he's older they can meet. That would be cool. I'm sure there's others out there, but only one other person is registered on the Cryobank as having children with Chase's donor.
  • Options
    So it's a boy! That means so far donor 12224 has only produced boys! There is one other person preggers but I didn't catch her name and someone deleted the post on FB!!!!
  • Options
    Awesome news! You must be over the moon. :-) I hope he produces another boy at the end of this month. Got my blood work back. FSH was 7.8 - which I think is ok. My Estradiol was under 50 and everything else looks good.

The giraffe is super cute and now you can add all the boy stuff. Have fun shopping. Boys are soooo much fun!
  • Options
    Yay! Sounds good to me!

Thanks, we thought so too!!! We aren't going to buy anything till our 19 wk US to make SURE...lol
  • Options
    Better safe than sorry I guess, but I'm thinking it's a pretty good bet you're having a boy. I am so happy for you guys. It's so cool to see the baby on the ultrasound. :-)
  • Options
    OMG yes! It's really crazy to think that is inside Tommie...she's not showing really, we can feel a mass, and hear the heartbeat, but she can't feel anything I can't really see anything...so it's just strange! We still say, "can you believe you're pregnant???"
  • Options
    Just wait until you can feel him from the outside kicking and wiggling. There's nothing to compare to that. It's so cool. :-)
  • Options
    So what are ya'll taking for your cycle? Clomid? Anything? What day does it all start or is it suspected to start?
  • Options
    I am on CD #9 today. Start OPK testing today. I am going to try an unmedicated cycle this time. Last time I took Clomid I had a super short cycle. Not sure if it was related, but figured I would try without meds. I have gotten pregnant before without medication so I'm hoping for some luck. I am guessing Saturday or Sunday for IUI. Makes it tough since the hours are so short on the weekend. If this doesn't work I probably won't be able to try again until January. I might move to a hybrid cycle then because of my age. Hoping I won't have to worry about that though. :-)
  • Options
    Awesome, well baby dust to ya!