15415 BAD VIAL

Faith4BabyFaith4Baby Posts: 32
edited January 8, 2020 9:26PM in Ask California Cryobank

I had my IUI an hour ago. I had used this donor before and it was an “ok” sample. I purchased 3 of his vials which were from his final vials. I was going for a CMV negative donor.
My lining was 12mm. I had 2 follicles about to ovulate at 24mm - 1 on each side. They told me the donor vial info and I was LIVID!!!!
Total motile sperm ct was ONLY 7.9 and motility 26% are you kidding me?!?!? Activity level a 2-3 and forward progression only a 2.
I might as well have picked joe shmo off the street with male factor infertility!!!!
CCB owes me 2500 PLUS meds for this IUI round!

Comments

• 👀👀 omg! Wtf! I'm wishing baby dust on you. Hope you still get pregnant. Next round try ici vials they have a larger count. And the fertility clinic has to wash it anyway.

• They will say the sperm count is valid BUT the motility is absolutely NOT! Especially with a forward movement of only 2! This is the absolute worst sample I have had. All the others were 40% or better motility with an activity level and forward movement no less than 3. My RE wasn’t thrilled about the numbers at all. The time I am suppose to be most relaxed, I am pissed and stressed out.

• We had bad vials from this donor as well, all motility issues. Finally after 3 attempts we were successfull with an icsi transfer with meds. Good luck to all of you out there. Dont give up!