Options

new at this and cant't decide

I am new at this, and I am having a lot of trouble picking out which donor I want to use. I am looking at about 5 now. I start out with two, but were unhappy with the medical backgrounds. As I researched more individuals I realized no one will have a perfect picture. I am looking at 11510 and 11491 If any advise or just to talk with someone who has been through this already would be great. My husband is unable to have kids and as far as I know I am OK. I do have Factor five which I am not sure how it will affect my Preg.
thanks

Comments

• Options
    hi. i am new at this too and just as in your case, my husband is unable to have kids and also just like you, i am ok to have kids. i had a fibroid removed 2 mos ago and now i am ready to go on this journey. but it's hard. i had 9 favorites and i reduced it down to 4. the problem with this is that my husband is mexican (i am too) but has a very white complexion. i could not find a mexican with white complexion in the donor list. much less with green eyes and dark blond hair... we went to cancun a few weeks after my surgery and the hotel staff kept asking if he spoke spanish (lol, he does not speak english). i also hate that we have to pay for the baby pictures.

i don't understand what you mean by the Factor Five...

-thanks, rose
  • Options
    Hey Rosarioal
    My husband and I finally narrowed our search down and picked out a donor. We finally came to realize that no one was going to be perfect, so we chose who we thought was the best for us. We had our first IUI on Friday and I have been feeling very strange since we are hoping that is a good sign. Leiden Factor Five is a blood disorder that causes blood to clot which in most cases is considered a high risk pregnancy. My sister had placenta abruption and found out she had it so I go tested and sure enough I am positive. She has two healthy babies and another on the way, so I guess it is not that big of a probem just something that has to be watched. I understand hating paying for pictures I don't like have to pay for medical history because for us that is a make or break situation.
    Good luck
  • Options
    cholland59411
    what were your results? did you get injections or hsg shot?
  • Options
    The first IUI did not work we got a negative test on Friday and I started my period on Sunday. The strangest cycle that I have had in a long time. Very Heavy,but short. I had lots of cramping three days before I even started which is not normal for me. Trying again in October maybe we will have better luck. Increased Clomid to 100mg.To answere your question I got the hsg shot.