Options

How do I know if this is a new donor or an old donor? How do I know if there are pregnancies from this donor or births from the use of this donor? Very new at this ....sorry

Comments

• Options
    Welcome!

This donor was newly released in August 2009 so we do not have any pregnancy reports on him yet. It usually takes 6-12 months for reports to start rolling in since many clients choose not to contact us until at least the second trimester or even after the child is born.

Feel free to post as many questions as you like.

You can also call us at 866-927-9622 anytime for help. Every client is new to this process at first and we are more than happy to help you get started.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thank you Scott! Can you please elabrate on a donor being "newly released"? Also do you have a baby photo for this donor? I purchased the photo but it is not a "baby" photo ... I don't know how old he is in this photo, so you? Also is he a popular donor so far? Thank you so very much for your assistance.
  • Options
    A "first release" is the first time a donor's vials are available for purchase.

There will generally be subsequent releases as he continues in the program. All vials are required to be quarantined for six months after they are collected so that we can do blood tests on the donor to make sure he hasn't contracted anything(STDs, active CMV infection, etc.) since his last blood test. Donors are tested every 3 months while donating, and six months after their final donation.

If you find a donor you like but he is sold out, you can call in to Client Services (866-927-9622)to find out if he has more vials in quarantine and when they are expected to become available. If you are willing to wait for quarantined vials, you can be put on our notification list and we will contact you 24 hours prior to the next release.

That is the only picture 12025 provided us.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    How is it that all the suddent his donor is no longer available? I am so confused...
  • Options
    I'm bummed out. I had finally made the decision to go with this donor and POOF he is gone. Can you tell me when/if more vials will be available in the immediate future and how will I know if/when that happens? Im so new to this and so confused at how someone who is brand new can suddenly be gone from the program.? Is there a medical issue with this donor? Am I missing somethings ... can you please explain it for me. Thank you so much, any info is appreciated.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for this disappointment. The good news is he has vials in quarantine that are waiting to be released pending his latest blood work.

When a donation is collected, it remains in quarantine for at least 6 months so we can retest the donor for STDs, update medical exams, etc. This means that vials are being released over time.

The best thing to do is call into Client Services, as I suggested above, and get on the notification list.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all of your assistance Scott.
  • Options
    :-)