Options

2ww

Hi Everybody,

We had our first IUI today...not in the 2WW....What can we expect?

Comments

• Options
    You can expect to go out of your mind!!

Just take it easy and pay attention to your symptoms. Baby dust to you!!!!!
  • Options
    I totally agree with Kljune, you will go out of your mind! lol My wife and i did our first ICI in May and it was the longest two weeks of our lives!!! We are currently on day 4 our of 2WW this time soooo i am right there with you!

Good luck! I keep us posted! Lots and Lots of baby dust to you!!!
  • Options
    I just realized our RE told us to take a pregnancy test on the 30th. If we had the IUI done on the 12th, that is well past two weeks. Has anybody else waited longer than two weeks or knows why our dr. would ask us to do it later.
  • Options
    Forgot...good luck Stephiemichele :)
  • Options
    Just started 2WW, my RE does the blood preg test 17 days later...of course you can always use HPT at 14 days. Good Luck to us both!
  • Options
    Thanks Ohbaby! Good luck to you too. I talked to my RE also and she said it was 17 days as well because at 14 days we could get a false positive. I also asked them about the 81mg aspirin which I guess they forgot to tell us to take. Luckily, it wasn't too late!
  • Options
    Hello:
    kljune can you please explain more about the 81mg aspirin. how does it help?
    How do you get it? I'll appreciate the info :)
  • Options
    Hello:
    kljune can you please explain more about the 81mg aspirin. how does it help?
    How do you get it? I'll appreciate the info :)
  • Options
    We tested using the OPK last night and it was negative and then first thing this morning we got our first smiley face :-) Testing it again this afternoon after work and planning on going in for our 2nd IUI tomorrow (7/17) at 11am!!! Yay! We are feeling really good about it this month. Last month was our first attempt and we were so worried when we didn't get our smiley face by day 14 that we went in for the IUI that day regardless...then I got the normal middle of the month pain three full days later...so obviously our impatience messed up the first cycle...oh well, but this time we are waiting patiently and it turns out I'm not the "norm" with ovulating day 14, despite my cycle being a steady 28days every month.
    Fingers and toes crossed tomorrow morning!!
  • Options
    Sending baby dust your way Kristen!
    Kljune--how does the baby aspirin work??
    I'm interested in knowing if you guys had an US done to visiualize your follicles and how many did you have prior to IUI?
  • Options
    ohbaby-we had a US done back in April when we had our first visit at the doc's office, I was day 3 and he saw 8 follicles in one ovary and 9 follicles in the other ovary....he didn't say anything about the sizes of them but did say that it was a good sign that I had that many.
    Thanks for the baby dust :-) I will keep you updated!!!
  • Options
    Hi everybody...I had read on some boards about the 81mg baby aspirin so that is why I asked my RE about it. She explained to me why they wanted me to take it...but, honestly I can't remember. Good luck to everybody. We are 6 days past IUI. We aren't really stressing...My partner is just going about her daily life so maybe that's helping to keep me in check a little more :)
  • Options
    Kresten, thanks for the info. I think that you are referring to the antral follicle count which is usually done on cycle day 3, I had 16 antral follicles on day 3. When you do an US on cycle day 12, these are the follicles that are near maturity--i.e. dominant follicle-- right before you ovulate, and I was told that anything from 2-4 was good and for the antral follicle count, I think anywhere from 14+ is normal. Did you get an ultrasound on day 12?? Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Ohbaby~hope all is going well 4 you...thanks for the clarification, the RE didn't explain the difference. I never got another US just that one on day 3 which was our first doc visit. The RE said because everything looked good with bloodwork day 3 and the US, we didn't have to do anything else. Yesterday am we went and had the second and hopefully last IUI at least till we want a second child:)
    The procedure was a lil tougher and more painful yesterday, it took about an hour just to get the cathedar inside and they ended up using the type of cath they use with IVF because my cervix is apparently windy and curved...the RE said all looked good tho so we r anxiously starting our first day post IUI now
    baby dust to you and everyone else reading this post:)
  • Options
    Low dose aspirin or baby aspirin 81 mg is thought to help the uterine lining by helping with the blood flow to the ovaries and uterus. Low dose aspirin treatment also significantly improves ovarian response.
  • Options
    Sorry for many questions: how aften/how many pills per day you are supposse to take it?
    and from what day to what day of your cycle?
    Can you take it when pregnant in the same way that before to get pregnant?
    PLEASE REPLY!
  • Options
    take one per day 81 mg and you a
    have to ask your doctor about taking it when pregnant because I don't have the answer for that
  • Options
    Hello everyone:
    Please keep us informed in any update/pregnancy.
    I sincerely wish you all LOTS OF BABY DUST!
    sandmj, thank you for your help. I will ask my doctor about taking it during pregnancy.
    ohbaby, the US on CD3 to see follicles in your ovaries, is it vaginal or abdominal does any of you have gone throught this kind of US please let me know your experiences.
    Thankyou,
  • Options
    Hi gris7ana~ the US on CD3 is vaginal and it wasn't that bad of an experience. It is slightly uncomfortable when they move the wand around to see each ovary but it's over rather quickly and it's kind of neat to see the developing eggs :-)
  • Options
    No problem gris7ana. Anything I can do to help. And my doctor does US every 3 days leading up to my insemination to check follicle size, vaginal lining etc.