Options

Any MomsByChoice in the South?

I’m feeling really isolated choosing to have a child when I have no partner in a really traditional community. I feel scared because I don’t know any moms by choice, only couples. Social media is awful with school starting. I’m also in a waiting stage which makes my worrying insane. Anyone else?

Comments

• Options

I joined single mothers by choice official website and they have a forum where you can look for a local chapter.

• Options

@HelloAll I looked at the website. I have learned there aren’t any chapters in my state, unfortunately. I thought about trying the site to get info, support, but didn’t want to buy a membership unless it was worth it. Did you join? If so, is it worth it?

• Options

I'm located in the South and I'm a member of the SMC board. You get a lot of support on the board as well as on the large number of FB pages geared toward single mothers by choice. I found my local/city's chapter not through the board, but through my participation on FB. I'm a part of at least 6 or 7 very active groups there.

• Options

@GatorLaw I just requested permission to join a SMC FB site. Do you find the one with membership fees more helpful or do the free FB ones have similar resources? I’m wanting support badly so I’ll pay if it helps. I’m growing poorer going through IVF so I’m having to spend carefully. I worry a lot.

• Options
    GatorLawGatorLaw Posts: 8
    edited September 8, 2019 8:17PM