Options

Failed second try ICI

This was my second try of gettinh pregnant. I am so sad because I want a baby more than anything! I've always wanted to be a mom even if it means being a single mom. I'm not sure when or if I'll be trying again because I'll have to save up for it again. I'm trying to stay positive, i really am but it's so hard right now. Anyone else going through what I am right now? If so, I would love to hear how you get through it and stay positive?

Comments

• Options

I’m about to start my ici, just bought my vials today. Make sure to track your ovulation and cervical mucus for next time you try. Good luck

• Options

I've had 4 unsuccessful IUIs with the same donor sperm, over a period of 6 months, the process has been emotionally and physically challenging. I am moving onto IVF per my MDs recommendation and am choosing a new sperm donor, the current one is out of vials. Just keep trying and don't give up. There are support groups out there, you should check out Resolve.org they have lots of good resources and information about infertility and the process that goes with it, including links to support groups for women going through similar situations. One of the things that I've done is been very open with my close friends and family about my struggles with getting pregnant, there are more women than you think that are going through similar struggles. My friends even started a GoFundMe account to help with IVF costs, that was a pretty scary thing for me to do, but my friends and family have shown me so much love and support that I am good with sharing my journey publicly.

Good luck and stay positive.

• Options

@Foreverandever I know and I did all of that. I definitely made sure I paid close attention to my body and been tracking for months before I did my insemination. Good luck and hope you have success!

• Options

@dog_mom2008 yes it is definitely draining emotionally for me. I hope you have success with you IVF. When are you planning on starting that process? I made me an appt. to see the Ob GYN and see if there is something going on as to why I'm not getting pregnant. I recently found on some genetic things that my family members have that cause issues with getting pregnant, so I want to get myself checked to ser if I have the same problem. I may try the IUI attempt if I get good news after my doctor visit...but I really wanted to do the ICI because that cuts down the extra expense of dishes out more money that I don't have smh. This is an emotional, physical and expensive journey. I have great support from my family and friends. Thanks for the info on the support groups, it's nice to talk to people who are actually going through the same exact experiences aa me that can relate to how I'm feeling. I'm not very sociable and have very few friends so I will not be starting a fund me page...but that is a wonderful idea! I'll just have to save again before I do my next go round not to mention how much this doctor visit will cost smh.