A1 Form Physician Signature Issues

My wife and I have been officially told by Kaiser they will not be signing our A1 form. We are based out of Riverside in Southern California and wondered if anyone had any tips they minded passing along as to how they got theirs done? I heard some people use midwives? We were pretty upset this morning so anything would be helpful and encouraging at this point!

Comments

• SD619SD619 Posts: 1
    edited July 16, 2019 5:54AM

Hi there, sorry that Kaiser is being difficult. We went through a similar stressful time, as it was important to my wife and I that we be able to try at home.

Ultimately, we ended up going through the Progressive Health Services. The awesome woman who runs it has a very informative session she offers as part of their donor insemination program. It’s based in SD but I believe she offers it remotely. You can also use them for basic health stuff (Pap etc) or go to your regular doc and send over the records.

http://www.progressivehealth.org/donor-insemiation-artificial-insemination.html

Anyway, we used her, and although it costs a bit out of pocket ($260-500, sliding scale based on need and services), we found it helpful and she was able to sign our A1 form so that we had the sperm shipped straight to our house.

• Just wanted to say thank you @SD619 we went through that clinic and worked with Suzann and she was great! Got our form signed! Really appreciated your help! :)

• I just got mine signed with Kiaser.. My Obgyn sent me through the loop. Had to do blood work and be cleared by the high risk Obgyn. She said I was good to go and signed it. she also referred me to genetics to be tested for the 2 things my donor carries. Did they say why they wouldn't? My Obgyn was honest and said she wanted me to be seen by xyz first cuz so she knows if she signs it to do at home I'd be ok. Ask can you be referred to a high risk obgyn. @Dana020306

• @Money we were told that because the semen was for an "at home" procedure not taking place at Kaiser, that they would not authorize it. She told us that all of Kaiser has been told not to sign this form, super bummed us out. That's why we ended up going through the progressive clinic and she was fantastic! My wife did change her PC and her new one was super nice and said she couldn't wait to take care of us after we become pregnant. I'm guessing it's really the physicians choice whether to sign or not. But thankfully it's all clear now! Mid November insemination is finally getting close!

• @Dana020306 yea they really tried it..glad it's all good now. πŸ™ŒπŸ½πŸ™ŒπŸ½πŸ™ŒπŸ½.. πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰. πŸ€žπŸ½πŸ€žπŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½.