Options

SINGLE LESBIAN DOING AN ICI

Although I'm not coupled up I still wanted to share what I'm going through. This is my second attempt doing an ICI and I'm hoping it's a success. This is going to be a long 2wk wait! I did my ICI home insemination lastnight so I'm hoping it being the 4th of July gave me good luck! LOL. Has anyone else had any success doing the ICI? What has your experience been? I like that I have the opportunity of being able to do it in the comfort of my own home. Even though I'll be a single mother I do have support from family and friends.

Comments

• Options

Hey Danielle! We did an at home IUI on the 1st and 2nd of July and we really enjoyed being able to do it at home as well. It's much more relaxing to do it in the comfort of your own bed. I have used the Flo App on my phone for the past year just to track my cycles and thought when we were ready to try that it would be a good tool, and it has been. I used the Clear Blue Ovulation Test Kit to track my high and peak days. You only have about a 4-5 day window where you have the chance to get pregnant. Once I tested and got a high chance symbol we decided to go ahead and try. I used pre-seed 15 mins before insemination while my wife thawed the vial for 15 mins. We purchased the Mosie Baby Kit which made insemination easy. We decided that the process should be done right before bed so that I could be completely relaxed. I used pillows to prop my hips up and slept like that all night lol. I read somewhere that you should inseminate twice within a 12 hour period of your positive ovulation test. So now we are halfway through the TWW and I swear I feel the symptoms of pregnancy. We'll see on the 18th. When do you test? I am sending you all of the positive vibes, prayers, and baby dust. You've totally got this!!! :smiley:

• Options

@Bluelinemoms19 hello! I did the tracking on ovulation using the Flo and First Response Ovulation test sticks the exact same time to make sure they both were pin pointing when I ovulated and it was always on Day 16 after my period. That made me feel better knowing that. I'm really hoping it worked! I've been going to the gym exercising trying to keep my mind off of waiting the 2wks. The Mosie Baby tool is very easy and I'm sooo glad they make it available to use for women that want that home experience or for those like me that can do it alone. I won't test til the 20th or my missed period. Good luck to you and your wife! Thank you so much for the positive vibes. Keep me posted.