Options

Need advice for 40+ please low AMH

Hi ladies, this is my first time posting, so here it goes. I am 40. My AMH level is .42 which is not good. Dr. said 5% chance w/IUI and medicine. 15-20% chance w/IVF Invocell and medicine. Any advice on how to start? Should I try IUI or just skip to IVF? Starting in August. My insurance covers nothing but I don't care. I just want to move forward with my best chances.

Comments

• Options

and my FSH level is 5.79, which I thought was good... but evidentially not as important as AMH.

• Options

I would go straight to IVF but if the cost is prohibitive then try IUI, but max 3 times.

When I was paying cash, I calculated that 5-6 IUIs = 1 round of IVF. So cost benefit analysis includes factoring in your time. 5 rounds of IUI took me about a year to get thru and in the end I did IVF not once but twice. I was 37 with an AMH of 2.6.

Also ask yourself how many children do u want? If you get pregnant after X attempts at IUI, and 2-3 years later you want #2, chances are even slimmer. With IVF, there is potential to bank embryos.

• Options

@Jonald23 thank you for your advice. Yea, I don't have the time to wait. You are so lucky you had AMH of 2.6. I'm so bummed mine is so low. I will go w/IVF. Thank you for the tip of banking embryos. I don't know about that yet.

• Options

I was wondering if you started IVF yet.

• Options

@BabyGaga yes I just did a cycle and it was negative.

• Options

I would definitely start with IVF. There are always delays, complications, etc you may run into. Also, you can save a viable embryo.

• Options

@BabyTheo I did a cycle of IVF invocell and am doing another. I didn't have any frozen embryos to save. So bummed ugggghhhh