Options

Transport Container Expiration

Just wondering how long the transport container will last? It had an expiration date on the box that said 5 days from when I had it sent. When I initially talked to the rep when ordering, they said 7 days. I am wondering if it will last longer than the 5 days? I wanted to get it sent to my house on a Saturday, but they were unable to send it to my house on Saturday so I opted to have it sent on Friday instead to be safe. I am worried about it lasting that long. Thank you.

Comments

• Options

@Calil Our shipping tanks are validated to keep the specimen frozen for at least 7 days. (Our smaller pickup tanks are validated for 5 days.) If your tank shipped out of our facility on Thursday for arrival on Friday, we recommend using it by the following Thursday. If you don't think you will ovulate by Thursday, please don't hesitate to contact Client Services at 866-927-9622 and discuss your options for shipping back the specimen and storing it until your next cycle.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

Thank you so much.

• Options

I set up an appointment with my doctor for the procedure this Thursday, June 20th in the morning.

The CA Cryobank did send the package to me on Thursday June 13 and I received it on June 14th (overnight).

I did notice a small white tag On the box that says expiration on the 18th (Tuesday) which is today though. Hopefully the package will be okay by Thursday morning.

This is my first time going through the process and I appreciate your attention and help. It’s been a little stressful not knowing all the small details and timing etc.

Thank you so much for your prompt response.