Options

Keepsake came

I received my keepsake today and I'm trying to figure out if this is a joke! After all the money spent, most of us will spend upwards of $1,000 only to get a copy and paste of what I already saw? I would have liked to see more. Hell, a teddy bear with a CCB shirt on would have been more creative. I'm so disappointed.

Comments

• Options

What exactly is SUPPOSE to be in the keepsake? If it is what's indicated online, then how is that any different from accessing online and browsing it for a few minutes?

• Options
    cryo-admincryo-admin Posts: 4,536
    edited June 14, 2019 11:09PM

@Mommyiana @songbyrd8403 When you purchase a subscription, the Level 2 and Level 3 information is only viewable for 90 days. It's not downloadable like the free items (Medical History, Genetic Test Summary, Donor Essay, Donor Profile, and Staff Impressions).

If you purchased a subscription, we will automatically mail you the Donor Keepsake when you report your pregnancy. It's a special USB drive with your donor's files (either Level 2 or Level 3 items) for you to give to your child one day. As your child grows older and has more questions about how he/she was conceived, the Donor Keepsake can provide more insight about his/her donor.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

I know what it is. Its literally a cut and paste of what I already seen. You would think having an actual pregnancy/child would result in something more than the same basic things I got with the membership after spending so much money. Its disappointing. I was almost happy with my CCB experience and just that fast it was cheapened and ruined with a cut and paste usb. You guys need to do better.

• Options

@Mommyiana I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the Donor Keepsake. This is the first time that we received feedback like this. We created the Donor Keepsake because parents wanted a way to save all of their donor's information for their child since it can't be downloaded.

If you have any suggestions of how to improve the Donor Keepsake, please feel free to send them my way. I'd be happy to pass along your feedback: nicole@cryobank.com

Also, I just want to make sure that you received the certificate for $1,500 off cord blood banking from CBR. It's a special discount for our California Cryobank clients because we wanted to make the option to store your baby's cord blood more affordable. Here's more information on this program: https://www.cryobank.com/services/cord-blood-banking/

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

I actually felt exactly the same way and I'm surprised that was the first time you guys a received negative response to the keepsake. I couldn't believe there wasn't anything but that usb stick. Even the box it came in was all mangled so I just have this usb stick. It was very cold. Not quite what you envision as a "keepsake". Maybe even just printed copies of the donors baby pics. Just something.

• Options

Two12

It was disappointing. Keepsake? Just say what it is a copy of their online profiles. They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Options

@two12 @Mommyiana I'm sorry that you were disappointed. In the past, we sent printed copies of the donor information in a keepsake folder with a CD or USB of the audio files. We actually received feedback from our clients that they preferred a digital version of the files so we changed it to a USB drive.

Please note that Level 2 and Level 3 items cannot be downloaded from our website. They are only viewable during a 90-day subscription and the keepsake ensures that you and your child will have access to these files indefinitely.

@two12 Please feel free to email me if you would like us to mail you a new keepsake box.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank