Options

Successes with 15012

I am about to order vials of 15012, I wanted to know how many successful pregnancies he's had? Thank you!

Comments

• Options

@MarissaQ7178 Donor 15012 has more than 5 reported pregnancies.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

Thank so much, Nicole. Unfortunately I found out today that I can't use this donor because I am CMV antibody negative and he is positive. Can you please check on how many pregnancies 15084 has had? Thanks again.

• Options

I am also negative and he is positive. What is the chance that it would pass on?

• Options

I’m not sure of the chances, but my doctors office refused to allow me to use a CMV positive donor based on my negative status. I’d ask your clinic.

• Options

@MarissaQ7178 Donor 15084 has more than 5 reported pregnancies.

Please note that any donors that are listed as "CMV Positive", tested positive for having the antibody, which indicates that they were exposed to the virus in the past. Any donor that tests positive for having an active CMV infection (IgM positive), is not eligible to donate.

Exposure to the virus is very common in the U.S., with an estimate of 50% - 85% testing positive for having the antibody. Since an initial CMV infection has symptoms similar to a cold or no symptoms at all, most people don't even realize they had a CMV infection.

According to published literature, the risk of acquiring CMV from a healthy man with a history of a remote CMV infection is very low. The risk is further lowered if you use washed sperm (IUI vials), which significantly reduces the presence of white blood cells.

Some medical practices have strict policies about not allowing CMV negative patients to order donors that were exposed to CMV, so it's best to check with your physician. Heterosexual couples planning to conceive aren't typically tested for this.

One of the most common causes of contracting CMV is from contact with saliva or urine from babies and young children. Here's more info from the CDC on how to reduce your risk: https://www.cdc.gov/features/cytomegalovirus/index.html

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank