Options

Donor 14197

I purchased this donor and did an IUI back in June 2016 and had my daughter 01/2018 8 weeks early. Nothing in his history had anything about preclampsia and I had it severely and was hospitalized for weeks before her arrival at 32 weeks gestational. She ended up being a 1 million dollar baby with medical cost.

My question is if any other couples had any pregnancy issues with this donor and how many births or miscarriages were reported.

Also, how do I sign up to be on the registry to be notified if anyone sells back vials so I can purchase and try again for another baby?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options

Hi there! Your post came up after you commented on mine. To get on that list, I just called and requested to be notified. Last time there was one available I got an email about it but by the time I called someone else had already gotten it.

• Options

@bradshawr03 We have some IVF vials for Donor 14197 that are only available to families with reported pregnancies. You can call our Client Services team at 866-927-9622 if you are interested in purchasing those. They can also add you to the notification list so we can contact you if we receive any buyback vials.

I'm so sorry to hear that you had a difficult pregnancy. I reached out to our Genetics Department with your inquiry and here is their response:

"We’re so sorry to hear that there were complications towards the end of your pregnancy that resulted in an early delivery. Unfortunately, all women have a chance to develop preeclampsia as it is a common condition occurring in 5-8% of all pregnancies. There are certain maternal risk factors that can increase the chance for preeclampsia during pregnancy, such as chronic hypertension, first pregnancy, multiple gestation, previous pregnancy with preeclampsia, having a mother or sister with preeclampsia, autoimmune diseases, etc. We encourage you to speak to your healthcare provider who may be able to help provide recommendations of how to reduce the risk for preeclampsia in a future pregnancy.

We have reports of successful pregnancies and births from Donor 14197. At this time, we do not have any reports of medical concerns in other offspring conceived using this donor’s specimens. Our genetics department remains available to help answer questions you may have about the donors family medical history or other reproductive related inquiries."

Please don't hesitate to contact our genetic counselors with any questions. They can be reached at 877-743-6384, Monday – Friday, 8 AM PST – 5 PM PST.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank