Options

Ready to start this wonderful process but I still have some questions,please help

My partner and I have been together for 11 years and we are finally ready to start a family!! I am so excited and feel we want to try to get pregnant this July. I just have so many questions I met with my OBGYN today and discussed all the plans with her to see what advice she had on tracking my ovulation, she was telling me since I have regular periods that are always consistently the same, I have normal paps and a good family history of conception, she felt I should get pregnant easy. But after checking out all the different forums on here and reading other peoples stories, I am now terrified!! I see a lot of people mentioning Clomid, is that something that you would recommend every woman take if trying to conceive using an IUI. Please help. I would appreciate any advice at all.

Comments

• Options
    K_Romero!

Congrats on starting this wonderful journey!!! Just to give you some back story, I am 29 years old and my wife and I have been together 9 years! We started this journey back in October and we went to an RE's office that a number of our friends have successfully used! After going through all of the testing, everything looked great! Our RE suggested Clomid to us right out of the gate, as my progesterone level was just on the lower end of normal...she said the Clomid would help not only produce more follicles, thus upping the chances at conception, but it would give stronger ovulation. We opted to use Clomid from the start as this process can be very expensive...we wanted to give ourselves the best chances possible. So my wife and I had our first IUIs the beginning of March...we did back to back IUI's 24 and 48 hours after Ovidrel trigger shot. Last cycle we got a negative and went straight into cycle 2. Currently we are in our TWW with this cycle! This time around we used the same 100 mg of Clomid...last cycle we took the Clomid CD 5-9, but this time we took CD 3-7. We used Pregnyl (a stronger HCG trigger shot) this time around.

Deciding whether to do medicated or unmedicated cycles largely depends on the test results...and geesh there are a lot of tests. The Clomid did not give me any crazy side effects, as I have heard some other women have. My RE told me to take at bedtime, so that if I were to have any side effects I would sleep through them. Also, the Clomid is very inexpensive. I am glad we went with it from the beginning. I have however, heard of many success stories of unmedicated cycles. If you do take medication such as Clomid, there is a lot more monitoring that goes into the cycle...to keep an eye out for cysts, over stimulation, etc...

If you would like to keep in touch, my e-mail is wally030306@yahoo.com. If you have any questions just feel free to ask!!!

BABY DUST to you and your partner!!

Courtney :)
  • Options
    I too have so many questions, that I don't know what to ask first! I am going to be 39 years old in June, so, I would love to carry first! We spoke with my Dr. and she also advised Clomid. I am so nervous! My cycles are regular and have not had an abnormal pap since I was 18. I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything works out for us! Good luck to you as well!!!!!

Tracy
  • Options
    Hey there everybody!!! Thought I would share my email if you had any questions! It's wally030306@yahoo.com....currently in my TWW....second cyCle.....hope all is well with you both!