Options

SMC - anyone go on and start dating afterwards???

I am a 37 year old singly by choice mother of 3 kids. Originally I was planning on having 1 or 2 kids but ended up with twins my second pregnancy. It is A LOT to handle and I get a lot of help from my parents. I feel like 3 is a lot for a single gal and really did not want this many but it is what it is. I’m worried that there will be no guy out there I am compatible with that will want to date me now! 😞

Same like a lot of woman on here broke up with my ex and really put myself out there again with no luck and thought it was now or never so went for it.

Anyone out there with similar experience as me with 2 or more kids start dating a couple years later and how did it work out?

Comments

• Options

I’ve got one by myself. So far, dudes are curious and cool with it.

• Options

I only have one and am got together with my now fiance when she was 2. We get married at the end of the month. Marriage was the furthest thing from my mind when I went through IVF. My friends would joke about it and I would say "oh yeah, like having a kid on my own makes me MORE attractive to men already not interested in dating me."

Happy to eat crow on this one. He often says it was seeing what a great mom I was that helped seal the deal. I don't think he's alone in that. I think many men find being a great mom an attractive quality.

• Options

Orchid123, How are you holding up? Have you gone on any dates? I'm looking to begin the IUI process and fear I will have twins or more because I'm a fraternal twin myself, 35.5, am tall and have multiples on both sides of my family. Being a twin is so special and my mom did it solo, but I do recognize how difficult it would be. Are your twins close in age to the singleton?
    I broke up with my ex a year ago, dated guys in the last 6 months but nothing ever lasted more than 1.5 months, and after being a "thinker" for years, I'm ready to take the leap. I will want to date as soon as the dust settles but who knows when that will be. A plus is that choice mom babies don't come prepacked with custody and financial battles with an ex.