Options

I have used donor 15337 twice first time his count was 16.8 ...this recent time was in December and it was extremely low at 7.9 million...any other complaints of low count with him?

Comments

• Options

@Ajc18 If you are referring to 7.9 million total motile sperm, that is more sperm than you need for an IUI and it's not a low count. Numerous studies find that pregnancy rates are maximized with 5 million total motile donor sperm. And more recent studies show that outcomes are maximized with even less donor sperm. In other words, the chances of a successful pregnancy via IUI do not increase with more sperm. You can read more about how much sperm is needed and our specimen quality standards here: https://www.cryobank.com/how-it-works/specimen-processing/specimen-information/

Variables like number of treatment cycles, number of mature follicles, cycle day for insemination, occurrence of ovulation at time of insemination, and maternal age all play a role in terms of the clinical pregnancy rate for the outcome of IUI with donor sperm. On average, it takes 3-4 IUIs to achieve pregnancy.

Best of luck!

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

I recently did an IUI his count was really low 3.88 million. My doctor office told me they need it to be at least 5 million and told me to contact CCB to let them know. The bad thing is I purchased 6 vials from this donor.