Options

First IUI

So we went for our ultrasound appt and we have, what the dr said, is a fantastic 27mm follicle; so we are triggering tonight, and our IUI is scheduled for Saturday!! Super excited and nervous all at the same time!! Any advice anyone has? This is our first go around with the IUI process!

Comments

• Options

We had 22 million swimmers! first iui is complete... now the tww starts!

• Options

Good luck! Sending you baby dust!!

• Options

@OurAdventure thank you!!! We've had a ton of friends go through this but it is all surreal when its your turn!!

• Options
    sharpie1104sharpie1104 Posts: 62
    edited November 29, 2018 7:57PM

Sooo... I got a little antsy and had my wife do a HPT earlier than we were told to... (were supposed to wait until Saturday 12/1).... but the tests came back POSITIVE!!! We did a digital test yesterday that was Pos and a regular two line test this morning and it was super pos.... So were going to test again tomorrow and Saturday before we let our fertility clinic know... are they good positives or did we jump the gun? Our IUI was the 17th and we triggered the night of the 15th... still a little shocked that this took on our first try!

• Options

Definitely positive!! Took two more tests!! So exited!

• Options
    sharpie1104sharpie1104 Posts: 62
    edited December 5, 2018 7:51PM

our first beta test results came back at a 345! definitely excited! Dr said everything looks great and we'll have another beta done tomorrow morning!!

• Options

Did you use clomid or was this an unmedicated cycle? Congrats mamas!!

• Options

We did use meds. We used femara and a trigger shot.

• Options

@2momsquad
    This was our first round of IUI.... this was our first go around period trying anything. We did use medications after having the preliminary labs ran the month before to check my wife levels.... Our doctor had us use Femara (Letrozole) 5mg once a day for five days (cycle days 3-7 /Nov 5th-9th) Then we had an ultrasound verifying that there were viable follicles present on Nov 15th (day 13 of cycle). There were a few small follicles on the left ovary (3,4, and 5mm) and one 25mm follicle on the right ovary. We were then instructed to do a trigger shot (Novarel 5000 units) that night (Nov 15) between 9/9:30pm. They scheduled our IUI for the following Saturday morning (Nov 17th) at 9am so 1.5 days after we triggered.

I was impatiently waiting for our end of our TWW (Dec 1) so I had my wife (she is carrying) do a handful of HPT starting on Monday Nov 26th, after she had the results back from her progesterone levels (16.5 ng/ml) showing that she did in fact ovulate. The initial test she took in the evening of the 26th and it showed a very faint line so we waited until Wednesday morning (Nov 28) to take any others. This time she took a digital read test and it said +yes, still not getting our hopes up quiet yet, we continued to test throughout the rest of the week each morning with all the test coming back POS!

We called and let our clinic know about the positive read Sat. Dec, 1 which was the official end of our TWW.

She had her first beta blood draw Tuesday (12/4) resulting in a 345, and had her second beta test done that Thursday (12/6), it was 893. The last beta draw was done that following Monday (12/10) and it was 5287! We have our ultrasound on the 20th!! So, I will update with those results tomorrow!!!

• Options

Saw the little one on Thursday!! Heart rate was 126. Dr said everything looks fanstastic. 7 weeks today!!

• Options

Congrats! We just had our 2nd iui last Thursday hope we get lucky too ❤️

• Options

@Shamel good luck!! I hope you get some fanstastic news coming into the new year!!!

• Options

Thanks so much we are anxiously waiting our end of the two weeks is Friday!

• Options

Had our 10wk ultrasound today! Baby looks great! HR is 160!