Options

Anyone experience ectopic?

Hey guys! Last night was very emotional. Had an ectopic and found out at 6w2d of an IUI pregnancy. They gave me a shot of methotrexate and also performed a DNC. How have you coped and how long did you wait to try again? Also, what meds were you on. I took clomid and ovidrel. Thanks and baby dust to all!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options

Hi @Mommas4Baby I also am in the process of a devastating ectopic pregnancy. I had a BFP after my IUI with donor 15043 and our REI said I should just wait and see if the body would take care of it on it's own but it ended in ruptured ectopic pregnancy requiring emergency surgery & removal of my fallopian tube. I had no idea that this infertility journey could get even more horrific and heartbreaking than what we had already been through on our journey. Sending well wishes from a heartbroken almost mommy.

• Options

Oh my goodness. I’m so sorry! Why would anyone assume the ectopic would take care of itself?. I hope u find a new RE soon. I’m getting a new one. Ever since I found out about my EP, I haven’t received a call from my RE or the office. Clearly they just want the money and don’t care about the quality of me as a patient....

When will you be trying again? We are going to switch to IVF in hopes this doesn’t happen again.

• Options

Update, tube ruptured and I had fluid in my pelvic region so we did surgery on the 20th. Removed the ectopic, the blood and the tube. Super stressful and painful but I’m still hopeful about trying again in a few months.

• Options

Hi there. On our second IUI cycle we were on Follistim & Clomid + trigger shot. Unfortunately this pregnancy ended at 5 weeks 4 days. I had severe pain & bleeding while I was at work. rushed to the ER & had surgery to remove my left tube. If I had waited one more day it would have been bad.
    It took me about 1.5 months to heal & we got the okay to proceed with our next IUI cycle. We did the same medications. Surprisingly we got pregnant. I am 25 Weeks tomorrow with boy boy twins. Don’t lose hope.