Options

Donor 15114 or 15459

Hi, I have my top 2 donors selected but I can't decide which one to go with and I'm torn as to what should be more important. I'm between Donors 15114 and 15459. One is Ashkenazi Jewish - I don't have anything against that, but I'm not Jewish so having that background is not particularly important to me. But I've heard that there are a lot of genetic concerns with choosing a Jewish donor and that the sperm count in the Jewish community tends to be lower (not sure if this is true or not). I loved his profile - it had me cracking up and I found myself thinking about his profile long after I'd closed out of the website. This particular donor was negative for 261 diseases, but I still have some concerns with choosing a Jewish donor.

My second top donor is also great. He is from Venezuela and has a lot of musical talent. The genetic profile was also great and the kid is super cute but I noticed in his medical history that he has a supernumerary nipple (3rd nipple). I love everything else about him though. Not sure if this is a genetic thing that I need to be concerned about. I mean, in the grand scheme of things its pretty minor to worry about and at least it is not a debilitating or life threatening disease. But still I worry about it.

I don't know if I should go with one of these two guys or if I should move on to my 3rd choice which has no genetic concerns at all but just has an ok profile. Nothing about my 3rd choice stood out to me or really called to me.

I'm doing this alone, so having some opinions to help me make this decision would be helpful.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options

Well I noticed today that 15459 has no current vials so that might help you make your choice.

• Options

Not much stood out from my donor but the family trend seems to be a good one besides the great aspects in health. At the long run my wife and I came to a conclusion'''' The donor is just a single person who really is starting to experience life and Its really not who they are is what you personally are looking to make out for them love attention and caring will develop a great leader and a role model one to remember!

• Options

Hi JSO4. Did you wind up using 15114? I'm thinking about him.

Thank you.

• Options

My wife and I have chosen Donor 15459!!!! Bought the last vital Good luck to us this Christmas!!!

• Options

Update we had our IUI on Christmas day with donor 15459!!!!! We are currently waiting for upcoming results!!! :-) finger crossed!!!

• Options

@Sky15 How did you go with your IUI using 15459?