Options

Help! First Try Ever and at Home!

FLwannabemomFLwannabemom Posts: 17
edited September 6, 2018 4:49PM in LGBTQ+ Couples

My partner and i are going to be trying ICI this month (or whenever I ovulate next) and we're pretty nervous. We're trying to save money by not having to go to our physician for IUI. No reason yet to believe I'll have fertility probs. I have a pelvic ultrasound in a week and a half to check for the go ahead and that follicles are working(?) then we will try. Bloodwork has all come back in fertile range.

My question is, has anyone had success at home? We have read soooooo much and are thinking of trying the OPK (clearblue), softcup, and preseed method? Has anyone used any of these? Any tips?

Thank you!!!

Comments

• Options

@FLwannabemom yes, I’ve used all methods besides the soft cup. For my insertion I used a syringe called mosie baby. I used the Clearblue OPK each day my ovulation tracker stated I would be ovulating at a high rate and once I got my flashing smiley as for my highest rate day I begin the methods. I used preseed 15 mins before inserting the vail. I lied on my back as I waited and whatever leaked out I cleaned so the sperm wouldn’t get confused to where to go. After 15mins was up I inserted vail and waited another 15-20mins listening to music you want to be as calm and relaxed as possible also another tip sex/masturbastion for an orgasm help the sperm connect with the uterus and to propel to the fallopian tube. I’ve done all these steps and I’m 22 weeks pregnant. YouTube and google will be your Bestfriend in the process also. Good Luck! 🤞🏾

• Options

@gcjh Thank you!! That's so amazing; congrats! Okay, all of this sounds very doable. So you used the advanced digital ovulation kit? How did you know when to have your vials shipped to your home? That's my biggest concern and I can't seem to find an answer online. I'm worried that the vials won't ship fast enough once I've identified a fertile window or, on the other hand, they'll get here and I won't be ovulating after all. I really, really appreciate your help.

• Options

@FLwannabemom so I used the Ovia ovulation tracker app and when it stated I’ll be ovulating is the days I tracked for me to get my vials it does take 2 days for shipping if I’m remembering correctly so I will make sure I’m counting the days ahead and according to my ovulation tracker and calendar to know when they’ll need to be shipped ex: if my highest tracking is on the 13th i would order on the 11th so it’ll be here on time and you have like 7 days usage of tank i believe you’ll have to ask the representative that helps you at the time of shipping to know exactly but you have to include the 2 days of shipping as those 7 days. also you have to have all requirements before the vials are shipped so make sure your check list is completed or it will delay your shipment and you’ll miss out on your ovulation time. I did use the digital OPK with clearblue as my tracker tester and again the Ovia OPK tracker app for my calender days and rates.