Donor 15415

Anyone use this donor?

Comments

• @RGsingle He was only added to our catalog on Thursday. It looks like he's already sold out of vials.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• He has reported pregnancies though so he cant be that new lol

• @RGsingle Donor 15415 doesn't have reported pregnancies from clients. He indicated that he was responsible for pregnancies in his personal life. (That question appears on page 5 of the Extended Profile.)

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• RGsingleRGsingle Posts: 12
    edited November 24, 2018 3:18PM

Any reported pregnancies from this donor recently? My first round of ivf with this sperm did not work... just curious

• @RGsingle I'm sorry to hear about your cycle results. Although IVF usually has higher success rates than IUI, it sometimes takes multiple IVF cycles to achieve pregnancy. Your physician would be the best person to speak to about your chance of pregnancy with another IVF cycle.

Yes, Donor 15415 does have reported pregnancies, currently less than 5. He was only added to our catalog 3 months ago. Few vials have shipped out at this point.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• This donor has terrible motility. I have gotten two of the worst samples from this donor that our physicians office have ever seen. The first was less than 7% motility, this last one 8%. I don't know what happened to this donor but I cant believe he has any reported pregnancies with his substandard specimens'. California Cryobank How do I get my money back that I have lost within the Dr.s office? Two months in a row is not just bad luck its poor testing, protocols and screenings.

• @Farmfamily08 I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. This sounds very unusual and our Quality team is investigating this for you. In the meantime, you can speak with Client Relations manager, Melonee at 866-927-9622 x 1240 if you have any questions.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• @cyro-admin any way you can update on the quality of this donor? We were very interested in this donor until reading the issues regarding motility. His inventory is quite low so just wondering!

• @Hills0810 Please note that all donations are evaluated to verify that they meet our rigorous standards. When a vial is thawed at a clinic, there are a number of variables to consider. Thawing time, temperature, inadequate mixing, and even the type of counting chamber used can significantly impact the final outcome of the thawed specimen.

When we receive a report of a substandard vial, it is not an indication that there is an issue with the quality of the donor's specimen. It is specific to the vial that was thawed. Often times, we find that disposable slides were used or the counting chamber was not pre-warmed. Sperm thrive at body temperature and if the specimen is under-thawed, it will show a lower motility. The good news is that once introduced to the body, the sperm will continue to "wake up". Any issue with specimen quality of a donor would have been determined at the time of donation. (Less than 1% of applicants become Cryobank donors.)

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank