Donor 15186

Hello. I know donor 15186 was recently added. It says that the vials he has are final inventory. Does this mean he donated less than most donors? I have 4 vials from him. I'm curious. Thanks!

Comments

• @eeden Donor semen vial inventory is very different from inventory in other industries, and it's important to purchase all of your vials at one time because we can't simply get more. We hope that the final inventory messages encourage clients to secure vials for future insemination and siblings, so they don't wind up on a waiting list for buyback vials.

Most of our donors are in our program for about a year. It looks like Donor 15186 was in our donor program less than a year. There are a number of reasons that a donor may not be in our program for a full year. A couple examples are international travel and scheduling. Donor appointments are during normal business hours which can become difficult to maintain if you have a 9-5 job.

Best of luck!

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• We are considering using this donor but he has only 2 vials remaining. I wonder if anyone who has surplus vials kept in storage would consider selling back 2 vials to give us 4+ total (enough for 2 rounds of IVF). We have certain genetic constraints that mean there are few donors are an appropriate match and this is one that is.

• @GuestPH
    Not sure if still interested. I have a vial at my ivf clinic..