IUI insemination

My doctor advises using two vials per insemination. As we all know these vials are not cheap. Is this common? Do many of you find success just using one vial per insemination? They said its ultimately my decision but I'm curious as to what the statistics are with success rates of conceiving by using only one vial per insemination vs. two.

Comments

• I asked my doc how many vials I would need, and she said that she only uses one per insemination. She mentioned that the vials are expensive, and one is all that's needed. I have never heard of using 2.

• Our doctor requires two vials be present. They only thaw on, but once they review the count on it, if it's appearing as 'no good', they want to have a second vial on hand, as to not waste the cycle. But our doctor only inseminates one vial, not two.

• I thought that was why we paid California Cryo Bank, to test the sperm and make sure it was of good quality/able to impregnate. I thought they screened for this.

• IvanaWIvanaW Posts: 1
    edited September 19, 2018 7:04AM

I’m nineteen I’ll be twenty in July and I really want to start my own family but I’m not sure how many vials I need should I buy four just to be sure it works I want to have twins if it’s possible

• I just purchased 2 vials...doctors said they will use one depending on the sprem count...my doctors will wash them before use....