Options

BFN after 1st IUI

Happybaby29Happybaby29 Posts: 37
edited January 9, 2020 12:16AM in Two Week Wait

Sad to say we got a BFN on our first IUI. I got my period today and my doctor wants me to start clomid on Sunday. Any words of advice or encouragement? I’m feeeling very down :(

Comments

• Options

Hi, just wanted to wish you some positivity. I did my first round of IUI this last month and just got my period yesterday. I know exactly how you feel. Just know that there are others out there going through the same process. My mother in law said to leave it to God and be positive about it... out of all the advice and words of wisdom I got today that was the only one that made me feel better. I start Clomid on monday.. good luck

• Options

Wow we are in the exact same boat. I start the clomid on Monday as well. Thank you so much for your support. Which donor are you guys using?

• Options

Hi thank you for reaching out! @CGjourney2018 I know it’s very overwhelming. I’m happy for you guys on finding a donor you really love. My doctor didn’t suggest the hsg procedure.

• Options

I think it's standard for an HSG after 3 unsuccessful IUIs, so I just had one done before this 4th try. I just wish I had it done from the start bc even if it shows that your tubes are clear, it kind of clears out the cobwebs, so to speak.

Anyhow, much baby dust to you! Just keep trying...it'll happen!!!

• Options

Thank you! I’m onto the second one in two weeks. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you! I’ll deff inquire about the test when I go on Monday.

• Options

My doctor recommended hsg test before I started the whole process. Thankfully I listened because even though my tubes were clear, it showed an endometrian polyp inside my uterus that the ultrasound never showed. My diagnosis was infertility. It’s crazy because I never had a single sign of anything being wrong. Luckily, we got that taken care of July 13th and I was given the go ahead to start our plan again on day 1 of my cycle. TWW now!

• Options

You're welcome, hope all goes well.

• Options

keep us posted