Suggestions for Prenatal Vitamins

My wife and I are planning for our first insemination through IUI in the middle of August. All around our doctor's office are signs saying to start prenatal vitamins 3 months out, but she hasn't mentioned anything yet. Does anyone have any suggestions for which prenatal vitamins are the best option?

Thank you!

Comments

• Prenate Pixie is a good choice and pills are not large.

• I was already taking a women's multi-vitamin and my doctor told me to add a folic acid supplement of 800mcg because my multi-vitamin did not have any. I am wondering if I should start prenatal vitamins as well since my wife and I are planning similarly for August! Let me know what you think of this prenatal vitamin, Ouradventure!

Thanks!

• How many doctor visits did you have to attend before trying to conceive ? Did your doctor give you the green light letting you know that you're ready to get pregnant? My wife and I are just starting our pregnancy journey.

• We have done all of the pretesting, but won't get the green light to go forward until our meeting in mid-July. The nurses recommended that she start a vitamin mix to increase fertility and egg health, but not a prenatal. They also have her taking vitamin D 3 since she is slightly deficient.

We went for our first appointment together, where they did genetic testing on us both, then took some additional blood from my wife to check some levels. She also had to go in for blood work and two different exams once she began her period. Our appointment is July 20th and we have to meet with the doctor and then a social worker, from there, we should have the green light.