Options

Any Mommies out there over 40?

I would love to hear from you and your story whether conceived or not. I have (1) ICI vial of Donor 2389 left and am hoping it takes.
My partner of 10 years is supporting my decision to try this one last time so I'd appreciate any feedback you are willing to share about your experience.

Comments

• Options
    Hey, hon... how are you? I think I might be the oldest over 40 here... be 46 next month.

I had my first IUI in May but it resulted in a BFN so, before I had another, decided I'd have the HSG... wish I had done that first because I found out that I have a large uterine fibroid which prevented possible conception, so I'm now waiting for the U/S to see what my status is.

My children's father WILL be donor 11014. And, I'm suggesting this to EVERYBODY now... get the HSG done... that way you KNOW that your tubes and other girly parts are okay.
  • Options
    ualtigger,
    Thanks so much for responding. I will keep my fingers crossed for a healthy uterus for you and your future baby. Best of luck.
    I'm 43 and have had 1 IUI done and (1) IUI vial of donor 2389 left. My partner of 10 years is 38 yrs old and a little reserved about having a baby at this stage but is being supportive with hopes of having our own after an adoption fiasco. I've always wanted to have a child of my own and staying positive about it all. I did have an HSG done and all looked will with plenty of maturing eggs, on the dot ovulation and regular mens cycle. The fertility doc doesn't see any reason why I shouldn't conceive but it can be financially taxing at the going rates.
    Many prayers and blessings to a health pregnancy for us all.
  • Options
    wjlsbt...that sounds very promising! What all are you doing in preparation for your IUI? Are you charting your temperature? Are you trying anything like taking Mucinex or baby asprin? It's worth researching the benefits of these things. I also ate lots of berries, especially raspberries.

Good luck and KUP!

Side note...I turned 36 yesterday and I'm 25 weeks pregnant. You can do this!
  • Options
    wjlsbt:
    Thanks, hon... and my prayers are with you, also.

I have two vials of my donor left and still have a menses that I can almost time to the hour... I thought I would have been a bit behind this month but, right on time as usual. So I hope to have the U/S at the end of my cycle and be ready to try again in July.

The financial part is the most stressful thing I think for us besides our age... fortunately I have a good HMO that takes care of my needs in this area.

Good luck hon and KUP... hopefully some of the other over 40's will post.
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies! I have and will continue the Mucinex for the mucus thinning benefits. My fertility group says there's no reason not to try this cycle so we will be giving it our best shot with the last IUI vial of our donor 2389 in 2-3 weeks. Sad, our donor is no longer available : ( Oh well, we'll take it one step at a time.
    Congrats on the 25 week pregnancy Misty and Carla!
    ualtigger...keep me posted as I will do the same : )
  • Options
    How's all our over 40's doing? I just had my 2nd IUI on the 17th... 6dpiui and feeling relaxed... guess I got rid of my stress over the past few months.