Options

CMV

Hello, I'm new here. Starting my first cycle in July. Can you tell me a little about the CMV test? If they are positive is this a bad thing for you and the baby? I don't understand why it's such a big deal. Again, I'm new and this process of picking the donor has been the most overwhelming part for me.....probably because it's the most important. Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

So we were kind of in the same boat before we conceived our son. I’d recommend doing some research as well as we did as well. When my wife was tested and came back negative it was suggested by our fertility doctor to go with a negative CMV donor. After doing a ton of research we decided the risk of any issues with our child would be less tha 1% and we went with a CMV positive for not only our first but our now second child that is due any day now and neither pregnancy has resulted in any issues. Both of our sons are happy and healthy. Most people come in contact with CMV at some point in their life. I would recommend finding a donor you like that meets the rest of the requirements that you are looking for and go with that person. We’ve never for a moment regretted our decision and our first son is just an incredible little human. Best of luck on your journey and i pray this helps.

• Options

Thank you so much for responding. Was your doctor okay with this? I haven't been tested for CMV yet but I assume I will be.

• Options

Our doctor was fine with it. Both of our boys have been healthy despite it as the risk is miniscule at best.

• Options

If you are CMV positive you can chose a negative or positive donor. If you are negative it is recommended to chose a negative donor as well.