Options

NEW HERE....

Hello everyone
I'm new to this entire experience. Haven't picked a donor yet and meet with my fertility doctor on June 20th. I just want to know does anyone know the statistics on successfully getting pregnant their first IUI unmedicated? I'm 33 years old, don't have any fertility issues that I know....can anyone explain the process to me...go to my doc..then what! I am supposed to be ovulating July 3rd. Is that too soon to do my first cycle is my doc appointment is only June 20- that's a 15 dayish turn around....I'm so excited I can't even sleep at night.

Comments

• Options

Can't help with your question, just wanted to wish you the best of luck! So exciting :smile:

• Options

Hi! I'm not sure how your doctor will want to proceed, but ours took some time after our first appointment. She wanted to do some testing with my first cycle; baseline bloodwork, genetic screening and consult, hysterosalpingogram (HSG) and a consult with a psychologist. After that we started with the next cycle and had 3 failed natural IUI's. With the 4th round I was medicated with FSH injections and triggered hCG and IUI. The 4th IUI was successful! For your reference, I am 30 years old with no known fertility issues.

Best of luck with your appointment and moving forward!

• Options

Thank you TinyToes87.

Did your doctor give you the option to do medicated right away or did you choose to do unmedicated the first few cycles? How old is your child now?

• Options

She said we should try 3 natural IUI's since the only reason we needed any treatment (as far as we knew) was that my wife and I were not producing any swimmers! Her concern was if we medicated right away that there was a higher risk of multiples.

Once we did the medication though I had 3-4 follicles of size to be ready, and one took thankfully!

Unfortunately, our son decided to enter the world much sooner than he was ready for at 15.5 weeks. We are at a point now where we are ready to try again. After even more genetic testing and other testing, we are going with another medicated cycle 1st week of July!

• Options

I'm so sorry to hear that, good luck to you on your next one!

• Options

Thank you! Good luck to you too! :smiley:

• Options

Our doctor also did a significant number of blood tests, on my wife and myself (since we will both want to carry at some point and intend on using the same donor). She also had my wife come in during her period for blood tests and different internal exams. These occurred over mid-May and early June. We go in tomorrow to decide if our first IUI cycle will be medicated or not, but hope for it to start when she ovulates in August. My guess is the turn around time is too soon for you have started in July. I am hoping that we'll start with a medicated cycle. My wife is 33 and has no other fertility issues.

Best of luck!!