Options

Problems with doctors

I'm having so much trouble scheduling an initial consultation at a Fertility doctors office! I tried one office where the receptionist seemed to have no idea about same-sex couple fertility and made me pick between 3 options: Infertility, PCOS or something else, I don't know. I told her our situation and got sent through to another line, which then sent me back to front desk, and so on. The last one just hung up automatically. This was all while at work and I found it very difficult to speak privately.

The second place I managed to email and get a response. The lady was helpful until her last email when she asked if we wanted to go ahead and make our appointment. I responded that I did, and since then no response. I sent a follow up email asking if she had received the last one, and still no response. I forwarded my email to the generic office address, and still no response! So I'll have to call this office too while at work tomorrow, with nowhere private to go. I'm so frustrated about this!

Comments

• Options

We are really sorry to hear about your struggles. Do you have any friends or associates who have been through the process? Maybe they could suggest some clinic options.

• Options

@kj88 Feel free to send me an email and I can try to send you some referrals: nicole@cryobank.com

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

kj88 - That is awful! We had no problems but only worked with one doctor. We are in Chicago too so it's very common to have same sex couples. Are you in a more rural area were same sex relationships aren't as widely accepted? If you are in Chicago I'd be glad to share our doctor with you!