Options

Egg Donor

In a consultation with my Doctor this past week she is recommending I use an egg donor. I thought I would reach out and see if anyone has researched this topic. I started the process in January with a FSH of 12.6 on day 3 of the Clomid challenge. I have only one ovary that producing follics due to an ovarian cyst surgically removed about 3 years ago. I have had 3 IUIs with 50 mg of clomid one which did take but miscarried. 2 IUIs at 150 mg clomid. I was planning to try this month with injectables but a 38mm cyst has developed so I am onhold. I am really questioning myself if in July I should just move to the egg donor and not try the injectables.

Comments

• Options
    Age is a factor to think about as well. If it were me, I'd try a couple rounds with injectibles first so that I could say I tried everything. Clomid isn't the drug for everyone. You have to decide when YOU want to move on to donor egg-not your doctor. Will you be ok knowing you didn't try everything? If so, go for it!
  • Options
    so what happened candice? What did you end up doing?
  • Options
    or did you do anything yet? I was thinking about being a egg donor before. just to help someone like my donor helped me. I'm pregnant now with 11018 and i'm due in 4 more weeks (aug, 16th) but after i was thinking about it.
  • Options
    maymay...4 more weeks, huh? Congratulations! You must be so excited! We're on the 10 week countdown and get more anxious every day! Please KUP on how you're doing and then when you deliver.

By the way...what are you having?
  • Options
    maymay- Congratulations! i am also using donor 11018. I did complete the cycle after a ton of conversation with my family and RE and a few tears. If this cycle does not work I will move to an egg donor. I had the IUI last Thursday and did 14 days of injectables. The last day they had me do 600 mg of Follistim. I had 3 large follicles and one medium sized follicle. My RE thinks I am like popcorn all of a sudden my follicles appear. I am handle TWW quite well this time around which is nice for everyone.
  • Options
    misty, yep 4 more weeks! just got back from dr's and she felt the head. Thank god he's not breech! 2cm dialated and 75% effaced. yay! wont be long.

Candice! yay! another one trying with 11018! So far he has 3 boys and 1 girl. my boy on the way, another boy due in sept, and another baby born in october. they decided to keep the sex a secret.i saw pictures of 2 of the 3 boys and the girl. beautiful babies!I hope you like boys? because his babies are mostly boys. Only one girl so far.Also i how many vials do you have? I hope you have enough. he's retired you know. I let my friend karen who i met on here buy 3 of mine for her IUI's. I do wish you the best of luck and consider me for an egg donor if you dont mind a known egg donor. I'm 24 years old, healthy, my origional weight was just over 120lbs, blue eyes .And remember. dont let that get you down. just because you have an egg donor the baby would have not made it in the world without you. relying on you to grow.
  • Options
    maymay...how exciting! I wonder if you'll make it to your due date? Do you think you will deliver early?
  • Options
    i'm not sure. i knida hope i go early. don't want the baby to be too big. At 31 weeks he was 3 lbs 13 oz by ultrasound. gaining 1/2 pound/week average he will be over 8 pounds. I hope i have him a couple weeks early.
  • Options
    maymay...we go to the doctor today for another check up although I don't think we get an U/S today. We're right at the 31 week mark too. At 29 weeks, Reece already weighed 3lb. 2oz! So I think we have a little piggy on our hands too! Although they did tell me that if I hadn't had her by 38 weeks, they will induce me due to me being high risk already. That's not really what I wanted to hear because I dont' want to be induced...I want to try an all natural delivery. We'll see! We start NST's today and she said that we'll continue them every other week until delivery.

How are you feeling?
  • Options
    hey misty, I'm feeling a little better now. i had a horrible cold and sunburn really bad.now that i can breath again and my sunburn is peeling i have some relief. it's been hot here. very humid. was lucky to have the past few days off work. but i have to go back tomorrow. they have no air conditioning there. uggg. you know how the heat affects us preggers! lol on the count down because i'm so ready for this baby. I've got about 18 more days till due date!