Options

Grants and Scholarships

Hi everyone! I am sure most of you are in the same boat as we are.... we are lucky enough to have jobs and just bought a new home- so many fun and exciting new changes coming our way! I am about to begin the process of looking for donor sperm and starting a natural IUI cycle. Though I have heard stories of success the first time, just crunching the numbers has us both stressed out! Stressed is the last thing I want to be now!!

Has anyone used any grants or scholarship applications being that they cannot get pregnant on their own without the help of fertility services and donor sperm? I understand insurance will cover after a certain amount of times- but there are no other options we have as two women short of going out one night and having a one night stand with someone- other than spending a few thousand dollars just for a try.

Don't get me wrong. I definitely feel it will be worth it (regardless of how much I spend)- but I am just curious to know if you all have found better resources than me- and your thoughts about it?

P.S.- The grants I saw were for cancer patients trying to preserve fertility, and those who make less than 80k per year and cannot afford IVF- Trust me, I do believe that all of the above deserve grants or scholarships wayyyyyy ahead of me. It almost makes me feel guilty for asking- but I just had to know if there was any way?

Thanks in advance!

Comments