Options

Donor 13831 success?

Hello, I wanted to know if there have been any reported pregnancies with donor 13831. I had my first IUI today and the sperm count was low at 4 million. My doctor suggested filling out a specimen report form for your clinic. We really like this donor and hope we don't have to switch to another donor. Thank you.

Comments

• Options

Second vial was 4.1 so which is still considered low for doctor standards.

• Options

@AB22 We have more than 5 reported pregnancies for Donor 13831. Please keep in mind that counting sperm is not like counting aspirin in a bottle. Sperm are living, moving cells and there are many variables involved in the thawing and evaluation process. In addition, sperm thrive at body temperature, so if a sample is bit under-thawed, you'll have more motile sperm once the sperm are released into the body and "wake up". Four million motile sperm is plenty of sperm for a successful IUI, but if you do not become pregnant, please feel free to have your clinic complete a specimen report form so we can review it.

Here's more information on our Specimen Quality Standards: https://cryobank.com/how-it-works/specimen-processing/specimen-information/

Best of luck during your TWW!

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated.

• Options

How many sperm are expected for successful thaw? Looking into 13831

• Options

@Bee1213 My doctor was a little concerned with both vials having a low count. He prefers to have at least 5 mil. We are in our TWW and we will know at the end of this week.

• Options

Hoping for the best! 2ww is the worst

• Options

No luck. We got a negative. We are really bummed but trying to stay positive. Now we are debating whether to switch to a different donor.

• Options

I’m so sorry. I wish you all the best!

• Options

How many live births has 13831 had?

• Options

@Bee1213 I'm not sure how many live births. We filled out the Specimen Report because both vials were low. We are considering switching to a different donor.

• Options

Thank you