Options

Donor 14446, 14566, 14535? and IVF??

I'm starting IVF March 2nd and I have to decide on a donor. #14446 was originally my top choice but I found some old message about low sperm count so I'm a little concerned?

Anyone have anything to share on this donor? Should I be concerned if I'm doing IVF?

Donor #14566 and #14535 are my next two choices.

Anyone with anything to share about these donors or using donors for IVF would be very helpful. My doctor says to order to vials to make sure we are covered.

Comments

• Options
    When doing IVF they normally pick the best sperm samples from the vial (and most clinics require only 1 vial for IVF). IUI they normally say between 3-4 vials because they are hoping the sperm meets the egg and fertilize. The IVF selects the sperm and fertilizes it outside of the uterus. They select ones with the best mobility. I hope this helps. I have 14566 and 14535 as my favorites, but I really want 14566.
  • Options
    Actually sperm is only "chosen" when doing ICSI where they inject an individual sperm into an egg. They only need one vial for that. In regular IVF they dump the whole vial of sperm into a dish with the eggs and let them fertilize naturally. Some clinics require 2 vials for this, but either way, most like to have an extra vial on hand in case something goes wrong.
  • Options
    Thank you both for your input. They are doing ICSI and I ended up selecting donor #14535. I start injections tomorrow and praying for success!