Options

Retired donor

Hello! Is there such thing as a donor coming back from retirement? If so what are the rules surrounding that ? Cost? Please let me know Thank you.

Comments

• Options

@S14760s We would only try to reactivate a donor for a client that already has a child by the donor and needs additional vials for sibling use. Once a donor completes our program, it's a long, difficult, and pricey process to try to get the donor to re-enter our program. Not all donors are willing or able to return to our program. They have to go through the entire donor screening process again as if they are a new applicant. There is a reactivation fee which starts at $1,500 to help cover the testing costs. If the donor is not in the area, you would have to also pay for transportation, lodging, airfare, etc for the donor's multiple visits. Then there is also the cost of the vials and storage. If successful, reactivations can take up to a year because the vials have to be quarantined for at least six months due to infectious disease testing requirements. You can learn more about reactivating a donor here:

https://cryobank.com/services/post-conception-services/donor-reactivation/

If you are thinking about having siblings, we highly encourage you to purchase and store vials while they are still available. We offer free storage with the purchase of 4 or more vials and we also have a 50% buyback program if you have unused vials that have not left our facility: https://cryobank.com/services/additional-services/

This option is more cost effective in the long run and the only way to guarantee that you will have vials available when you need them. We have over 2,000 clients on our waiting list hoping that another client sells back vials and I'm sure you've seen posts on our Bulletin Board and Facebook page of clients desperately looking for vials.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

Did you have any luck with this ? Last time I checked with them through the phone they said they don’t offer it anymore but might again ? I can’t find my retired donor vials through the bulletin posts and doesn’t look like anyone else has reported a pregnancy. I’m really sad and wish I had some options but no luck so far :(