Options

Insurance Coverage

My insurance covers (in the loosest of terms!) infertility treatments. Do you think this includes for same-sex couples, or do you need some type of proof that you have a medical issue preventing you from conceiving? Anyone got experience with this?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

My wife and I are pregnant with our second child and both pregnancies have been covered by my insurance. We've only had to pay for the vials, insememination and when the time comes hospital chargers that remain after our coverage. Our fertility Doctor notated lack of sperm under reason why. Hope this helps

• Options

Thanks @ZShoe16 . I don't think my insurance is as good as yours but it's good to know they don't discriminate against same sex couples.

• Options

@kj88 This definitely depends on your coverage. Ours does discriminate and won't pay prior to 6 attempts out of pocket. I'd suggest you call them and ask them so there aren't any surprises. Ours also said that it covered infertility treatments in very loose language. We're trying to appeal, but so far we haven't been successful.