Options

Reported pregnancies and live births

Hi. Are there any reported pregnancies or births with donor #14446 and #14534. I am reading that donor #14446 has low count, so why is it $200 more than 14534. It says they are both premium IUI. What exactly does Premium IUI mean?

Comments

• Options

@trying4a3rd We can share if a donor has more or less than 5 reported pregnancies and if we received birth reports.

Donor 14446 has 5 or more reported pregnancies and he also has reported births. Donor 14534 currently has less than 5 reported pregnancies. Births are expected later this year.

Donor 14446 is an ID Disclosure Donor which is why his IUI premium vials are more expensive. If you choose an ID Disclosure Donor, your child would have the option to contact us when he/she turns 18 and request the donor's contact information. ID Disclosure Donors have agreed to allow us to release their identifying information. Donor 14534 is an Anonymous Donor which means that he did not agree to release his identifying information. If you choose an Anonymous Donor, when your child turns 18, he/she may contact us to request communication with the donor, but the donor has the ability to decline the request. Here is more information on our donor types: https://cryobank.com/how-it-works/donor-types/

IUI premium vials are washed and ready to be used for an IUI procedure. They are expected to have a range of 7 to 13 million motile sperm after thawing. (IUI premium vials can also be used for an IVF procedure.)

And lastly, Donor 14446 does not have a low sperm count. It's very difficult to become a donor in our program. Less than 1% of applicants become California Cryobank donors. Our donors have specimen quality that's in the top 15-20% of the male population. Every donation is evaluated to make sure it meets our high quality specimen standards. There are many variables involved when thawing and evaluating a sperm sample. If a clinic uses a different thawing method, different thawing time, different equipment, etc. they may not receive the same result. We include thawing instructions with every vial shipment and if your clinic has any questions or concerns about specimen quality, they can complete a specimen report for us to review.

Here's more information on our specimen quality standards: https://cryobank.com/how-it-works/specimen-processing/specimen-information/

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

Hi, I purchased the full package how can I find out if my open donor change to an ID disclosure donor. Is it the same thing as an open donor. My donor number is 14287.

Best regards,
    Hopeful

• Options

@TTBB Donor 14287 is an open donor. Donor Type is listed at the top of the donor's profile page: https://cryobank.com/donor/14287/

Open Donors & ID Disclosure Donors are not the same. Open Donors have agreed to one anonymous communication if the offspring requests it. ID Disclosure Donors have agreed to allow us to release their identifying information to offspring that request it. We would still try to facilitate communication before we release the donor's identifying information. Please note that offspring must be at least 18 years old to request communication with their donor/identifying information.

Here's more info on our Donor Types: https://cryobank.com/how-it-works/donor-types/

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

Hi, are there any reported pregnancies and births with donor #14391? I haven’t seen any posts regarding this donor. Thanks!

• Options

@Bundle19 Yes, Donor 14391 has reported pregnancies - currently less than 5. I'm a bit surprised that not that many clients have ordered his vials. He's a good-looking guy!

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

We were just successful with donor 14391! Currently 8 weeks.

• Options

@ Angie Arnold: Congratulations on your pregnancy! Awesome news. Was this your 1st time using donor 14391? I’ve had 2 unsuccessful IUIs with this donor and am starting the 3rd this month. So glad to hear the positive news!

• Options

Thank you! We did 3 total iui. 4 was going to be our max, but we were blessed at 3. The last iui I want to say he had 19 million sperm count. Good luck! Please keep me posted if you are also successful.

• Options

Congrats @Angie Arnold and good luck @Bundle19 keep me posted! We're planning to use donor 14391!

• Options

Does donor 15476 have any reported births?

• Options

@Glamis317 Donor 15476 has more than 5 reported pregnancies. Births are expected later this year.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

@Angie Arnold , Congrats!! How is the pregnancy going? Do you know the gender of the baby yet?

• Options
    Vern_DianaVern_Diana Posts: 3
    edited September 16, 2019 2:46PM

@Angie Arnold @Bundle19 My wife and I had a successful pregnancy with donor 14391. @cryo-admin How many live births does he have?

• Options

@Vern_Diana We can share if there are more or less than 5 reported pregnancies and births. Donor 14391 currently has more than 5 reported pregnancies. We received less than 5 birth reports so far, but babies are expected later this year.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank