Options

Donor 14849

Hello,

Just starting out here and wondering if anyone has experience with donor 14849?

Comments

• Options

Yes! My wife and I are on our third "natural" (unmedicated) IUI with 14849 as of today. His sperm count and motility have been very good at each appointment -- today was 26 million sperm and 87% motility rate (post-wash) -- we haven't hit the jackpot yet, but are hopeful that we will this time or in the next couple of rounds.

We liked this donor because he's very similar to my wife and of many of our friends and shares our values.

Good luck and stay in touch!

• Options

Hi. Just wondering about the look alike ma. Does this donor resemble the same features as your kids as in his baby photographs ? We had our first born through a different donor and are unable to get siblings from the same donor so we are keeping our options open . The resemblance with our son and the other donor were spot on just wondering if that’s the case for all .wow ! 3 ! We are really leaning towards this one :)

• Options

I should clarify that we're in attempt number three, but no pregnancies yet!

:)

• Options
    CharliehtxCharliehtx Posts: 5
    edited March 9, 2018 3:45PM

We had our second natural IUI on Monday (3/4/2018) with this donor. We’re hoping this one sticks. We have had 19 million count with 55% motility on the first and 18 million count with 50% motility on the second.
    We picked this donor because of the available genetic screening report (we needed) and his physical similarities to my husband. Their baby pictures looked the most alike. ☺️ Good luck to you all!

Please post updates with good news! Reassurance is welcomed.

• Options

We're starting our fifth cycle with 14849 -- no pregnancy yet for us, but we're still trying. We're doing a medicated IUI cycle currently and will consider doing IVF after the sixth try (when insurance kicks in for us). I'll update if anything changes. Good luck! :)

• Options

Hey @Charliehtx, we just got our HCG results back and we're pregnant with 14849! It's still a long way to go until December, but our fingers are crossed. I'll keep you updated and best of luck to you! :)

• Options
    CharliehtxCharliehtx Posts: 5
    edited April 10, 2018 1:32PM

@powermouse Woohoo!!! Congratulations. Thanks for the update. We are going to visit with our RE this morning about adding meds to our next cycle (IUI #4). I’ll post when we get our positive.

• Options

@powermouse - Congrats! I am also pregnant with 14849 - due in October!!