Options

New to IUI and seeking advice

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I am a 42 year old single woman getting ready to do IUI for the first time. I am using the OPKs to monitor ovulation. I wanted to get input regarding timing of IUI. I travel for work which is making the timing tricky. I guess my main questions are: how often should I monitor with the OPK's during the estimated possible ovulation time- once a day, twice? What's the best timing to do the IUI after a positive test? My clinic is not open on Sundays. Is Monday morning really ok if I have a positive test on Saturday morning? When I go in for the IUI, do they do an ultrasound to confirm that I am ovulating before they do the procedure? My doctor has me on letrozole days 3-7. I am on day 11 and just started monitoring for ovulation yesterday. I would love to hear of successful IUI timing experiences that are recent. Thanks for any info you can share!! Much appreciated!

Comments

• Options

My clinic did not do ultrasounds right before IUI.
    With my unmedicated IUIs, I used OPKs, temperature, and cervical fluid to monitor when I’d be ovulating. I’d go in for the IUI about 24 hours after the first positive OPK. I was very consistently ovulating on day 12 or 13. Unmedicated didn’t work, so I moved on to medicated. I took Clomid days 3-7 or 4-8, and used Ovidrel to trigger ovulation on day 11 or 12, and went in on day 13 or 14 for the IUI.
    I would ask the doctor about timing if you’re not using a trigger shot. You might want to ask for an ultrasound, especially if you think you might be too late due to travel/work.

• Options

@ams17 what was your ending result?@beabea did the trigger shot and clomid work for you? If so, after how many tries?

• Options

Yes, Clomid and trigger shot worked for me on the 2nd try.

• Options

@BeaBea congratulations! I'm so excited for you....are you having a boy or girl?

• Options

I don’t know! I’ve decided to make myself wait for a surprise in September. I don’t have a preference, so I’ll be so thrilled either way.