Options

New to CCB any advice

Hello everyone My wife & I are new to CCB and would gladly appreciate any advice anyone has to offer. We will be trying to expand our family with IUI in a few weeks and we are stuck between 2 donors. One is a new donor who has not had any confirmed pregnancies, does that matter? Has anyone out there tried a new donor with no confirmed pregnancies and got a success?

Comments

• Options

Hi

Congratulations on starting to expand your family. For our first son, our donor didn’t have but a few but we were in love with him and decided to give him a go. Thankfully it worked on the first go round. My best advice is look over family history, and make sure the donor checks off on the bulk of your boxes and most importantly trust your mind and heart. Best of luck to you both. Baby Dust to you.

• Options

Thank you Zshoe16!! Did you guys use meds or did you try natural? If you don’t mind me asking

• Options

My donor did not have any pregnancies when we chose him, but he ended up having some a few months later. I would not be concerned that you are choosing a donor without pregnancies, especially if he is new. CCB will tell you that it can take up to a year after a new donor has gone up for pregnancies to be reported.

• Options

@1love1heart you’re totally fine. We tried naturally first. Our doctor recommended 3 attempts before including meds.

• Options

Thank u both for the info