Options

Questions about donors

Hello! I have a couple of questions related to donors.

1) Do you keep in contact at all with anonymous donors (every 5 year, for example) in order to have updated contact info? or medical history?
I know that there's a difference between anonymous and open donors, but based on the CCB openness policy, it seems like there's some room for the possibility of an attempt at anonymous contact when a child turns 18 (not guaranteed contact, of course). Is this correct, that you would contact the donor? And if so, has there been periodic contact to ensure contact info?

2) Is it possible to find out more about the celebrity look-alike determinations and what they're based on? I watched one of the CCB Youtube videos, which made it seem like it's possible to talk with someone to better understand which characteristics led to those look-alikes being chosen. When I called CCB, I was told this isn't the case. We'd love to understand more the two celebs, because they seem rather different!

Thank you!

Comments

• Options

@IkeaMJ Welcome!

1) Yes, we do contact anonymous donors every few years. You can always give us a call to see if there are any updates on your donor. And yes, donor-conceived individuals that are at least 18 years old can contact us if they are interested in communication with their donor. We would be the ones to facilitate the contact. You can read more about our Anonymous Donor Contact Policy here: https://cryobank.com/services/post-conception-services/anonymous-donor-contact-policy/

2) I apologize if there was a miscommunication, but yes you can definitely speak with Shawnbay x 1149 (featured in the video) or Dustin x1139. They are on our Donor Look-a-Likes committee and would be happy to assist you.

Also, here's one thing to keep in mind...not all of the celebs will look like each other - just like a child might resemble both mom and dad, but mom and dad don't necessarily look like each other. :)

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

Are anonymous donors notified of live births?

• Options

Hello, i am very interested in a particular donor. However when i was ready to purchase there was a note thats says there were no more vials available. I called and was told the donor has not left the program an its a pissibility to get more sperms.. question... how long would it take to get some vials available if the donor devides to give more sperm.
    I anxiously await your reply