Options

IUI vs ICI samples

I had one doctor here tell me they prefer we buy ici for an iui because they prefer to wash it themselves. But after two negatives with ici samples I am wondering if it’s better to have bought the iui ones or if it’s the same success rate? Anyone else have this issue and have one work over the other for an iui with just letrazole and a trigger shot?

Comments

• Options

Are you getting good counts & motility after the wash? If so, then I doubt that their washing is the issue. Two unsuccessful IUIs isn’t unheard of. Could be anything. Maybe ask if they’d be willing to go with pre-washed just so you can give it a try for your own peace of mind?

• Options
    NurseindcNurseindc Posts: 57
    edited January 3, 2018 8:31PM

thank you and I have done three now from the same donor . His first one had low pre wash and post wash numbers but the clinic said it wouldn't have dropped that much. His second sample had better numbers pre and post wash (still a negative). His third had very low numbers and motility. I am happy that I can try a different donor next time and I will try an IUI prepared one. I was just curious if the cryobank or if there are statistics about which is better because of two doctors in the same practice recommending different ones to buy ICI vs IUI.

• Options

which donor did you use?

• Options

The first donor I used and struck out three times with was donor 14492 “handsome swimmer” numbers and mobility were low. Today I used the iui slide of donor 14503 and they were hoping for 8 million and he had 21 million! Also over 50% motility so let the two week wait begin but I am much happier seeing that then 6-7 million and 10% motility. So I would only get iui prepared samples from now on