Options

35 and single....need advice

I am a 35 year old single mom to one boy and always wanted another child. I haven't been too lucky in the dating scene and don't want to wait and see if the one comes along. I am currently in school but will be done at the end of the year. I don't have a lot of support where I live with my son so don't know if I should have another in my situation. Any advice or opinions on what I might do? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    My opinion, do what you want and what makes you happy. I live 1200 miles from my family and close friends. I have a couple close friends where I live now but nowhere close to the amount of support that I would have if I was closer to my family. But I refuse to let that stop me. I am 36 and haven't had much luck in the dating scene in the last year or so. I'm not going to wait around and see if someone comes along either. I am ready to be a parent and I am confident enough in myself to finally have a child. If you are confident enough in yourself and as a parent to raise another child on your own, then why not? Why wait longer, will it change anything? Not sure if any of that helps but I hope it does.
  • Options
    Thank you hopefulmeg! It does help I am confident that I would be a great parent to another child and my son would love having a sibling. Good luck on your journey to be a mom!!
  • Options
    You're welcome! And thank you. Good luck on your journey of having another child! I hope all goes well for you!