Options

Specimen Guarantees and Possibility of Refund

Hello Cryobank!
I tried IUI 5 times with a donor and had somewhat low sperm counts each time. We used ICI vials and each time had a count less than 10 million. I believe our lowest was 3 million, but I'm only going off of memory. Our highest may have been 8 million. We recently chose a new donor and have had significantly higher counts.
Lately, I have been reading bulletin posts about people who had received a refund after receiving vials with low counts. After perusing your site, I haven't found any definite answers about this. I would have asked sooner, but I didn't even realize that it was an option. Is it possible to receive a refund for vials that are not the expected/guaranteed quality?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

@cryo-admin:
    Just wanted to get my post back up higher on the feed again, as I posted it a few days ago and hadn't heard back yet. Any help is appreciated!

• Options

@TwoMoms73 I apologize for the delay.

There are many variables when it comes to evaluating sperm samples which is why a lab may experience different counts from our counts included with the shipment. Differences in thawing time, temperature, and type of device are just a few examples which can impact the final outcome of the thawed specimen. You can read more about our specimen quality standards here: https://cryobank.com/how-it-works/specimen-processing/specimen-information/

I'm not sure if the numbers that you provided were before or after the ICI vials were washed. We would need the numbers before the wash. Please have your lab complete our specimen report form and we would be happy to review the submission. We handle refunds on a case-by-case basis. You can download the specimen report by logging into My Account and going to the Forms page: https://cryobank.com/account/forms/

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

Thank you! I will look into this further.