Options

do vials from same donor differ

I had a low count and extremely low motility rate on one of my vials for my first IUI. I have two more vials from him and am wondering if the different vials differ or if I am better off using a different donor all together? I was thinking of using two vials to try and equal one but that would just help count not motility. Thanks

Comments

• Options

I just had my first IUI last Monday and they did not do a count, but showed my wife a sample under a telescope after they did my IUI (she went to take a peek while I was laying still down right after). She said they were swimming very fast, but now I am wondering why they did not do a count!

• Options

So my first iui with this donor was low motility and a low count. Today I planned to use two vials but they thawed one and said his count was great and double the last vial. I ordered three at the same time so wonder how they were so different. The first one was negative so I’m crossing my fingers that today’s worked. I will let you know. Just always ask about the count and motility pre iui and the answer is yes they differ but I believe lot of this is luck.

• Options

second iui still negative even with better numbers and I had two big mature eggs. I think its all a gamble

• Options
    NurseindcNurseindc Posts: 57
    edited January 3, 2018 8:25PM

I used this same donor (my last vial-luckily from him 14992) and his count and mobility was extremely low again. Is there a refund if the pre count and post wash are both extremely low?