Options

Trigger shot

Hi everyone! Give me some tips on performing a trigger shot. I am scared of needles and have no one to assist me...Have to do it tonite!

Comments

• Options
    I was scared to but it is seriously no big deal!!! I did mine myself also. The needle is superthin and I was looking in the mirror to line it up and then closed my eyes and went for it....then I had to look in the mirror again to see if it was in (it was) because I didn't even feel anything!!
    The hours leading up to it were nerve-wracking but ended up being totally unnecessary....you'll do great!!
  • Options
    Thanks! I will try to be brave and strong :)
  • Options
    The first time I did mine was at 4:50am, which is no big deal because I'm up at 4am for work. I numbed the area with a popsicle (in the wrapper). This last time, I had to do it at 12:30am (as in MIDNIGHT) and I didn't even think about the numbing, just wanted to do it and get back to sleep and it still didn't hurt at all.
    In the past year, I have come to learn that the anxiety leading up to events is often worse than the event itself.
  • Options
    I found a friend who helped me :) So, it is done! I woke up with some redness in the area - but other than that I feel normal :) Ready for IUI #2 tomorrow morning...
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK!!!! and the trigger shot didn't hurt did it? It's just the idea of doing it yourself that I think is the worst!
  • Options
    Muza, I am glad you were able to get help with the injection. But reallyy it is no big deal, just pinch the skin and poke. I does not hurt at all.

Baby dust to you!
    M
  • Options
    Another of the many discrepancies I've read on here between different doctors. Mine says NOT to pinch the skin but to stretch it out.
  • Options
    Should I ask what a trigger shot is?
  • Options
    Anissa - my doctor calls it an HCG shot. Basically it triggers ovulation to start so they can schedule the IUI with accurate timing...in my case anyway.