Options

BFP after 8iui's and 1IVF

Just wanted to tell you ladies to never give up!!! I just got my first ever BFP. I have had 8 IUI's and 1 cycle of IVF. So no matter how hard it gets don't give up if will happen if it is in God's hands. I was about ready to give up and I did not. Keep a hold of your hope and faith. Kelly

Comments

• Options
    Congrates! I am on my second iui and I'm feeling so discourage at times. what donor did you use?
  • Options
    Congrats! Kelly, I am wondering what made you decide to go to IVF. My partner and I are taking a break since IUI 7 did not work. The doctor says its unexplained infertility. My partner has good levels and her tubes are open. We have changed donors once. Number 3 was a chemical pregnancy. So, now we move on and the emotional stress seems to be getting harder with each no. I know it will be worth it in the end after the "million dollar" baby arrives. IVF is so expensive and i don't think we can afford it on teacher salaries. Any suggestions?

Sorry about the venting.

-D
  • Options
    Hey D
    Don't worry about the venting at all I think that is why all of us talk to each other in the first place we can vent and the others actually know what you are going through. I too had unexplained infertility, and like I said I had 8 IUI's and got pregnant on the first cycle of IVF. We decided to move on because of the cost of IUI's had just about added up to 1 cycle of IVF. We are very fortunate my father made a CD loan for us to do IVF. Had I know what I know now I would have switched to IVF after 4 failed attempts it would have saved me half the money. We did what you call a shared risk program so I actually had back up if this cycle did not work. I am able to have up to three fresh cycles. I must acheive a 12 week pregnancy or I am still in the program. If 3 cycles go by and still no baby we would get 80% of our money back. So we decided it was worth the debt we were getting ourselves in. Let me know if you have anymore questions I don't mind sharing what I have learned through this process. Don't give up though it is worth it when you see that + sign.
    Kelly
  • Options
    Congrats to you!!! I'm glad you were able to afford IVF. I had 7 IUI's and am now pregnant technically 11 weeks 3 days ( development says 11 weeks 6 days).
  • Options
    cholland59411 and smaciegracie...CONGRATULATIONS to the both of you! I haven't been on the boards for awhile due to a little thing called motherhood! So excited for you both!
  • Options
    Thanks, I've been wondering where you were.
  • Options
    Yahoo Kelly!!!!! I was lurking in here to see what was going on with you :) Seems I lost touch with so many of you when I started IVF. I'm so happy for you!!!!!!

I am also pregnant from my first IVF!!!! After 6 failed IUIs and ditto on what you said....I wished I would have swithed after 4 or even 5 IUIs, but we made it this far!!! So....I'm 8 weeks with twins, how far along are you???

I worried about the money too Littleabe....we lovingly refer to them as the "million dollar babies" as well and fully expect they'll need a set of braces upon delivery or something. We piece-milled it. Some in private loan....some from SEP IRA early withdrawal (oh the taxes)...and yes, dear dad helped me recover the largest chunk after he withdrew money from a retirement account (oh I feel so bad about that). Needless to say....we are in full repayment mode but I was worried money would halt my dreams. It is all worth it now.
  • Options
    btw...congrats gracie!!!
  • Options
    Congrats to you both! This gives me hope since I've hit another one of those discouraging moments myself. Just had an unsuccessful 4th/5th (back to back) IUI try. I think I'm going to give it one more try and then try and scrape up the moulah for IVF. We'll see how it goes.

--CSS
  • Options
    Hello Catchavez congrats on the pregnancy and with twins!!! I am about two weeks behind you. We did our transfer on christmas eve. I have my first ultrasound on the 29th I am so excited. If you don't mind me asking what did your beta count look like. Mine are running high for a single, but I don't think are high enough for twins.
    I called Dr. this morning had a lot of cramping yesterday which she said is normal, but get lots of rest.
    CSS Keep trying it is worth it!!!
    Kelly
  • Options
    CSS ~ Hang in there! My last IUI (6th attempt) was a back to back IUI too, we just had to give it that back to back effort to be sure. If you make the switch to IVF its not as scary as you think. But, I wish you much luck!!

Kelly ~ You are exactly 2 weeks behind me :) Christmas Eve was my first beta. It was 224 and my second (two days later) was 418. I totally thought it was a singleton. But we transferred 2 gorgeous blasts and knew it was a possibilty...
    I had crazy cramping the first four weeks. I had two types: one that felt like menstrual cramps like the day before you start your period and the other pain felt like I had done a major ab workout haha. I felt cramps for four weeks and then they went away. I now think it was because of twins and the uterus needing to get bigger sooner...i dunno heh heh.
    What was your beta #? You know you can never really tell until that first ultrasound. I;m so excited for you....its amazing to see that heart flickering on the screen...its absolutely incredible...especially after trying so many times. It wasn't real for me at all until that day.
    Let me know how your first u/s goes!! Feel free to email me too if I forget to check this area again...my brain has left me and I'm forgetful now.
    katina75@hotmail.com